IGNORED

Phil Mcnulty's End Of Season Report

"Everton once again ended the season strongly under David Moyes and demonstrated their threat by beating Liverpool, Spurs, Manchester City and Chelsea at Goodison Park.

Sadly, they were undermined by a lack of goal threat. Moyes knew that was a problem last summer and yet never had the financial support to successfully cure it. Jermaine Beckford scored 10 goals and showed promise but Moyes needs more than free-transfer gambles to take Everton forward.

As owner Bill Kenwright is unable to provide major finance himself and has not uncovered an investor, it is hard to see how that will change. Moyes is once again facing the familiar dilemma of having to sell to buy and may have to field bids for outstanding defender Leighton Baines and England Under-21 star Jack Rodwell. He also has to persuade giant Belgium midfield man Marouane Fellaini that Everton are primed for progress and a club worth committing his future to.

The brutal reality, as more or less admitted by Moyes, is that seventh may be as good as it gets for Everton in their current circumstances. How long before Moyes himself becomes frustrated by the financial straitjacket he is constantly forced to wear?"

I wonder how much he gets paid for such insightful and educated thinking?

Was a real eye-opener for me I can tell you :mellow: !