IGNORED

Pre Match Interview: Spurs fans speak.

rubecula

For the first scheduled game of the season we are away at White Hart Lane to face Tottenham Hotspur. I asked the fans on the Spurs101 forum a few pre match questions. Here is what they have to say:

1. So with a new season about to start, what are your expectations this year?

. any where between 10th and 7th Paul1300

Can't see an improvement on last year, anything between 5th and 8th Dee

2. Do you think you can rise higher than last season?

NO Paul1300

Nope Dee

3. The opening game against Everton is a big one for both of us I think. What doe you fear most about this game, seeing as we will have to feel each other out?

that we will get hammered although I predict a draw Paul1300

That we don't get a win, no disrespect but we have a heck of lot games in the first couple of weeks, and some very tough fixtures before the end of Sept, that we need to get points in the bag early doors. Dee

4. Is there anyone we don't know about that we should be fearful of in the Spurs squad?

No Paul1300

Nobody new, but I'm hoping that one of the youngsters come through this season, preferably someone who can score 30+ plus goals this season (wow, did you just see that piggy fly by your window) Dee

5. Is there anyone this time around in the Everton squad you are worried about?

Yes all 11 players that moyes puts out Paul1300

I'll tell you after Saturday Dee

6. What predictions for the score?

0-0 or 1-1 Paul1300

1-1 or 2-2 Dee

7. Do you think Spurs and Everton will be close together by the end of the season..(again)?

Yes Paul1300

Probably Dee

Finally I want to wish you the best of luck for the season guys. Just not on the opening game

Good luck to the Toffee's obviously I hope you beat the Scum, Liverpool, Chelsea, United and City, but lose to us and Norwich

I don't think either of us have anything to look forward to

I think Spurs, Everton and Villa are very similar 6th 7th or 8th

United, Chelsea, Liverpool and City will be top 4 in any order

The scum 5th

there might be some good games but no glory and I think we have taken a step backwards

although we haven't lost any big names yet I think Scoring will be a problem Paul1300

In my wildest dreams, we'll finish 1st and Everton will finish 2nd Dee

and final comment from Paul 1300:

I don't think the game will be played on saturday now.

With grateful thanks to Paul and Dee for taking the time to respond to the questions, and to the Admin (GO!) of Spurs101 for allowing the use of these posts. Obviously many of the folks there have a lot more on their minds right now than football.

5. Is there anyone this time around in the Everton squad you are worried about?Yes all 11 players that moyes puts out Paul1300

I'll tell you after Saturday Dee

What predictions for the score?

0-0 or 1-1Paul1300

1-1 or 2-2Dee

Good stuff, Rubes.

Surprised they're more pessimistic than us atm. Hopefully Moyes gets the 11 players Paul1300 thinks we'll play. We've got injuries and suspensions so i'd settle for a draw, but they seem to be in more disarray than us. So reckon we could nick it with a late winner.

Edited by pete0