IGNORED

Moyes

I don't think Baines is "not arsed" this year, but we aren't playing well as a team and that drags every individual's performance down. It's harder for him to be getting headline grabbing numbers of assists this season when there is less space available to him as a result of our midfield being too flat and static, and more obviously because there's nobody in there converting the crosses he does put in. Last season, before Christmas, Cahill was on fire, and Saha had a spell during the second half of the season too, but nobody is hitting those conversion rates this season.

Less chances + Lower conversion rate = Less assists

• Replies 574
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I agree with the sentiments Adz, but is Baines actually getting up the pitch as much as we're used to? That is my main observation, be it right or wrong. For me, he used to get up a lot, but leave his defensive duties uncovered. Now he is more defensive. I guess we can't have both, and is possibly why I prefer wingers.

I agree with the sentiments Adz, but is Baines actually getting up the pitch as much as we're used to? That is my main observation, be it right or wrong. For me, he used to get up a lot, but leave his defensive duties uncovered. Now he is more defensive. I guess we can't have both, and is possibly why I prefer wingers.

Spot on, wingers are supposed to mark the fullback is it not?

as much as we need a striker its still clear to see that most people agree that midfield is the core issue, i strongly believe that is what we need to look at first.

We need somebody creative to play in front of Fellaini and Rodwell. In the long term, those are the two players around whom we have to build a midfield, and playing two defensive midfielders means you've got 4 players as your attack, and those players have to be capable of breaking down a defense. Cahill doesn't have that capability and Osman, Bilyaletdinov and the others have only shown flashes of it. Hopefully Barkley will be able to when he breaks into the team!