IGNORED

Spurs offered £17m towards stadium by public

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/tottenham-hotspur/8795360/Tottenham-pushed-by-London-mayor-Boris-Johnson-to-accept-17m-final-offer-towards-planned-new-stadium.html

Boris Johnson said: “The club knows there is no more money available from the public purse and I sincerely hope that they accept the offer we have made. It is not just in the best interests of Tottenham Hotspur and the fans of this great London club, but of the wider north London community.”

£8.5m each from Greater London Authority and Haringey Council

Any ideas on how much Liverpool council would put towards a stadium, I remember seeing something saying they'd only be willing to contribute towards a joint stadium, but can't find the figure.

not sure, ive been saying for a long time, i think the council want to push both clubs into a shared stadium tbh, now the shite have new owners with new plans it will be interesting to see what happens, but long term i think they would rather the clubs shared a stadium than have seperate ones

heard as well that the spurs money, is taxpayers money??

No figure was ever announced..

They did however offer Liverpool a £300k p.a. rent for Stanley Park.

Plus, the Council can't really afford to do much, they have millions of pounds worth of debt.

Cheers. Thought with Spurs getting urged to take 17 to just stop making noise, then our council would have been offering 50 to help improve things. Which would have gave me more hope we'd get some progress.