IGNORED

Superbowl 2012

I remember watching the Superbowl last night and not having a clue what was going on (I think a team in green won and everyone went mental). I don't think I can face any more sports today, I'm still heart-broken at Wigan losing to Huddersfield as its not a good way to start off a Super League season.

I think I'll just stick Dave on and blank out in front of the TV.

Strange one (watching it back tonight). The Giants didn't want to score their winning TD....Patriots let the guy through (because they did want him to score to put themselves behind with time to respond) and he actually "failed" by falling over the line when he was trying to stop short. But in the end it was the winning scorehuh.png .

I fully understand the reasoning but that's got to be unique in sport hasn't it?

Strange one (watching it back tonight). The Giants didn't want to score their winning TD....Patriots let the guy through (because they did want him to score to put themselves behind with time to respond) and he actually "failed" by falling over the line when he was trying to stop short. But in the end it was the winning scorehuh.png .

As someone who has only watched American Football twice (this Superbowl and the last one) I've no idea what you mean, why would they let him score? I'm not saying you're wrong, it's just that I don't understand what's gone out and it sounds like quite an interesting topic of conversation..

it is a bit mad innit..remember watchin one game where a guy intercepts a pass..puts his team 10 points up with the touchdown and following extra point...other team returns the kickoff for a touchdown...onside kick and recover it...get up the field and score a field goal and win it in overtime...all the guy had to do was kneel at the one and they could have run the clock out and won

As someone who has only watched American Football twice (this Superbowl and the last one) I've no idea what you mean, why would they let him score? I'm not saying you're wrong, it's just that I don't understand what's gone out and it sounds like quite an interesting topic of conversation..

losing by a point i think...so if the other team scored a field goal it was then a 4 point lead meaning they needed a touchdown..same as if it was an 8 point lead only they'd need a 2 point conversion(run it into the end zone rather than kick the extra point)..so they needed the team to score so they could get the ball back and try and score a touchdown..if they didn't let him through the other team could have ran down the clock

losing by a point i think...so if the other team scored a field goal it was then a 4 point lead meaning they needed a touchdown..same as if it was an 8 point lead only they'd need a 2 point conversion(run it into the end zone rather than kick the extra point)..so they needed the team to score so they could get the ball back and try and score a touchdown..if they didn't let him through the other team could have ran down the clock

That's about it....there was less than a minute on the clock so the Giants wanted to run the clock down to virtually zero then take the easy three points to get the lead leaving NE no time to respond. As it was they had a relatively long time (using time-outs and getting out of bounds which stops the clock) to get back to the other end and try to score....amazing how the "last minute" can take forever in American football.

I watched bits of it, I've seen enough of these even from time back home but just seem to have lost interest the last few years. My home team Baltimore Ravens won about 10 or 11 years ago for their only success but the New England Patriots have dominated for large parts since then. Half time music was poor with Madonna and Gaga, I'd rather of had Springsteen back at least. I was more into The World Series as a kid