IGNORED

Football shirt collecting

I try and buy a shirt when I go on holiday either of the big team in the area or the national teams shirt, I've got barca, inter, real, aek Athens, Italy, holland, cologne, although I went to NY and ended up with a yankees top. I also went to Oz last year but a socceroos shirt worked out over £100 so couldn't justify that!

When I was a kid I used to collect football shirts wherever I went on holiday and due to going on 2-3 cruises a year I got to saw a few places. I remember at the age of around 12 I had the region of 250-300 football shirts (which meant that they all woulden't fit into one wardrobe) and I wore nothing other than football shirts up until around the age of 14 when I began dating and going out.

At the age of 18 I've thrown 90% of them away now because their either too small or I just woulden't wear them. I've got around 15-20 now (most of them are Everton) and just a few that I really like the look of (for example; AS Roma 2004 Away, Denmark 2006 National Home...)

Had Irish Euro 88 and world cup 90, Holland Euro 88, Milan 88, 89,90, 93, Barca 95, wanted to get it signed at training across the road from the Nou camp but 1st team were away at PSG in the champions leaguesad.png , Juve 96 , Dortmund 95 No 10 Chapusauit top which was my fave, that's it of the foreign ones really Everton and Wales from 88 onwards but not one England top in sight.rolleyes.gif

Had Irish Euro 88 and world cup 90, Holland Euro 88, Milan 88, 89,90, 93, Barca 95, wanted to get it signed at training across the road from the Nou camp but 1st team were away at PSG in the champions leaguesad.png , Juve 96 , Dortmund 95 No 10 Chapusauit top which was my fave, that's it of the foreign ones really Everton and Wales from 88 onwards but not one England top in sight.rolleyes.gif

The Dortmund one was class, fluorescent green, you could see him from 900 yards away in a nightclub!!!

I actually took umbrage with one or two things said above but didn't want to cause a scene etc, haven't got the time for an altercation, and there's no sense in it either. All I can add is that I had some various replicas once upon a time, did I like the design?, was it a favorite club?, I just made some spontaneous purchases, such as getting my hands on a Newcastle replica for less than £10, simply of the fact that it was the day after Sir Bobby Robson had passed away, I was a big admirer of the man, a true great of soccer, and I saw it in a bargain bin and that was that, it was all about respect.

Had some Ajax Amsterdam merchandise, the 1994/95 European Cup winning team, as well as national teams such as France and Argentina, they all seem like spontaneous purchases in retrospect.

• 1 year later...