IGNORED

Dark Knight Rises

Louis

Big 'meh' from me. Really underwhelmed by it. Dark Knight was by far the better film, in every aspect. This one just felt "cheap" in comparison.

As a fan boy, some bits left me shaking my head.

Bane did my f*cking head in throughout, his voice/accent was truely awful and DID NOT, do the characters asthetics any justice.

Everything all happened by coincidence as well, just happened to go to 'absolute plan'. Some massive plot holes in it too.

One of the major major plus points for me was Selina Kyle, thought Hathaway played it well and didn't 'cheapen' the character at all. I'm so glad they didn't use the actual name "cat woman", only refering to her as a "cat Burglar". And she looked hot in that PVC ;)

So in ratings i'd probably give the following;

Begins - 8/10

Dark Knight - 10/10

Knight Rises - 5/10

The Bane voice was a bit iffy, I think it's because American audiences associate a posh British voice with malevolence.. it's why Alan Rickman's cast as a villain..

Opening scene with Bane and Littlefinger was amazing..

The Joseph Gordon Levitt character annoyed me.. too many leaps of faith..

I knew you were Batman, Bruce because of a look you had on your face that I saw when I was a child.

The whole use my real name.. if they were going down that road it should have been Dick Grayson!

So did Gordon actually:

Bruce Wayne? Because I remember putting a scarf around a boy 30 years ago...

Another thing that annoyed me:

Batman using batman voice in conversation with Catwoman even when he knows she know who he is

Hathaway was impressive, I liked that she tried to imitate Pfeiffer's voice from Batman Returns. You just know that in the first scene Bruce Wayne wanted to give her a different type of peal necklace.

But there were so many nice touches.

The rope by the pit

Catwoman's decision - similar to the video game

Catwoman's goggles going up on her head to mimic cat ears.

Scarecrow's cameo

They should have called "The Bat" "The Bat-Wing".. sounds better! smile.png

I liked the ambiguous ending :)

The Bane voice was a bit iffy, I think it's because American audiences associate a posh British voice with malevolence.. it's why Alan Rickman's cast as a villain..

Opening scene with Bane and Littlefinger was amazing..

The Joseph Gordon Levitt character annoyed me.. too many leaps of faith..

I knew you were Batman, Bruce because of a look you had on your face that I saw when I was a child.

The whole use my real name.. if they were going down that road it should have been Dick Grayson!

So did Gordon actually:

Bruce Wayne? Because I remember putting a scarf around a boy 30 years ago...

Another thing that annoyed me:

Batman using batman voice in conversation with Catwoman even when he knows she know who he is

Hathaway was impressive, I liked that she tried to imitate Pfeiffer's voice from Batman Returns. You just know that in the first scene Bruce Wayne wanted to give her a different type of peal necklace.

But there were so many nice touches.

The rope by the pit

Catwoman's decision - similar to the video game

Catwoman's goggles going up on her head to mimic cat ears.

Scarecrow's cameo

They should have called "The Bat" "The Bat-Wing".. sounds better! smile.png

I liked the ambiguous ending smile.png

This is what annoyed me about Commisioner Gordon...

Apart from the fact EVERY single Villain knew who he was, Blake knew who he was, Talia, Selina Kyle, Alfred, a whole host of baddies in the 'underground' fight scene saw who he was, the entire police department among several others know who he is, but the one guy, up until the final moments....only figures it out due to that stupid little, "Coat around a cold boys shoulders"...I mean, really? Is he that thick!?

In regards to JGL's 'John Blake'

I liked the fact they used a new 'allias' for him, it kept people guessing, however I f*cking hope he's not the actual Robin. If he becomes Nightwing....then fine. Nightwing was the replacement for Batman after his back was snapped by Bane in the comics.

Bale not coming back for any instalment or tie-in, would indicate JGL will be his replacement. "Robin" can't replace Batman...full stop.

Nightwing on the otherhand, can. Robin is Batmans side-kick, not his replacement. The only thing I could see is that "Robin...becomes Nightwing" (literally and in theory)

Rope by the pit, nice in what way?

That pissed me off too, they didn't even mention the name of the pits and its significance to Ra's???????????? Apart from that he was a 'solider'. Ra's is meant to be hundreds of years old, but they portrayed him as a young mortal guy....they didn't mention his immortality or whether he was immortal before or after his 'day trip' to the pit(s). The Lazarus pit is Ra's lifeline...it's what brings him back. In the film, its a prison....?

In regards to Bane, it was too 'broken' and inconsistant. I just don't think it worked. This guy was born in the bits....in India, with a supposed inability to communicate (until a certain someone needs protecting) and then he's got a charasmatic old british accent, that sounds like a 80 year old man on a ventilator...? He looks menacing and tough, but sounds like a tw*t.

I did like the inclusion of Scarecrow, he's been in all of them now, i like how he keeps appearing. Also looking 'to do right' but ultimately in wicked ways.

Explain these, anyone?

By walking, roughly how long would it take you to get from Jodhpur, India to Gotham City (equivilant location as Boston)?

Without the Bat or any other means of transport or money, Bruce manages it in 3 hours...go figure.

What did Bane's Mask actually do? We're told it relieves pain, but how?

And why was there no mention of the Joker? Lots of conversations that kept talking about "8 years ago..." but not one single mention of the mastermind?

Ont top of those, there are these - http://www.ign.com/blogs/dr.rieux/2012/07/22/the-most-biting-plot-holes-of-the-dark-knight-rises-spoilers

• 5 months later...