IGNORED

Evertons possible partnership with swedish club Djurgården

Peter H

Some really nice news for me as im a passionate fan of Djurgården aswell as Everton. According to swedish Djurgården their chief scout has met with both Manchester City and Everton. He is apparently a good friend of DM's son.

Want to discuss how they can work together. Djurgården has previously had people like Teddy Sheringham playing for them (in his younger years)

Players who have made it big recently from Djurgården include Johan Elmander, Kim Källström, Andreas Isaksson and Sören Larsen (Danish). Thobias Hysen (previously Southampton) also played for Djurgården.

Heres a video of my greatest memory with Djurgården. Going 0-2 up against Juventus away. Unfortunatly Juve drew that game 2-2 and then thrashed Djurgården in the return.

Original article about the possible partnership.

http://www.aftonbladet.se/sportbladet/fotboll/internationell/england/article15430633.ab

This could be really helpful for Everton youngsters. Send them over to Djurgården for valuable experience. The swedish league isnt all that bad actually. Would love to have Hammar etc over for a while. (although im not sure that he would slot into the starting XI straight away)

From a Djurgården point of view though, who would you rather have on loan at your club, Man City's full Ghanaian internationals from the Right to Dream academy or George Green from the Everton reserves. I think it's Man City every time. They have a similar relationship with Stromsgodset in Norway.

I also think this is a partnership that may be beneficary on both parts. Djurgården invested €7M over a five year period in the youth academy starting 2008. This investment is now starting to pay of, and there are some really interesting players coming up through the youth system at the moment. -94 born pivote Simon Tibbling for example is a player who i.m.o. should be on the radar of every big club in europe. He juggled to 14 000 as a 11 year old, has for a very long time been regarded as one of the greatest talents of his age in Sweden, and is devoting every waken second of his life to improving his skills on the pitch.

Djurgården manager Magnus Pehrsson could also provide Everton with useful information on the Scandinavian markets. Especially the Swedish and the Danish markets. There are really some gems that could be picked up from here for fairly small sums. These gems are at this time often picked up by Dutch, German and Italian sides. A player like Ivo Pekalski for example can be picked up for peanuts this January window as his contract expires in 2013. Unfortunatly he will probably end up in the Serie A, instead of in an aspiring PL club.

Djurgården reciprocally gains knowledge of the Brittish market. Especially perhaps on players who might be talented, but not enough to get a contract with Everton. We could perheps also get some talented Everton players on loan playing ~30 games for Djurgården in full competiotion instead of getting some substituion minutes in the PL. I mean, it sure didnt hurt Teddy Sheringhams development to come here.

Edited by Bandiera

Sounds good to me. I remember playing Champ Man 99/00 and Swedens under 21 team was a gold mine.

The only player not to make it in real life (though a beast in that version of the game) was Jonas Lunden. Looking him up, apparently his career wasnt as good as his 23 goal / 37 assist season he had for me as an Everton player! (only reason I remember that was because I won the quadruple and he scored a hattrick to win me the FA Cup!)

• 1 month later...

I also think this is a partnership that may be beneficary on both parts. Djurgården invested €7M over a five year period in the youth academy starting 2008. This investment is now starting to pay of, and there are some really interesting players coming up through the youth system at the moment. -94 born pivote Simon Tibbling for example is a player who i.m.o. should be on the radar of every big club in europe. He juggled to 14 000 as a 11 year old, has for a very long time been regarded as one of the greatest talents of his age in Sweden, and is devoting every waken second of his life to improving his skills on the pitch.

Simon Tibblings first ever goal in the swedish top flight came this weekend. Lovely goal it wan, but not only the goal, the tiny flick 5 secs into the video was his as well

Edited by Peter H