IGNORED

Holyhead Hotspur FC

My local club these days is a little one. Nothing outstanding, no great shakes. But they are my current local side.

I think I may just pop along tomorrow and watch them. I have been before to the ground and chatted with the ground staff, they are nice friendly people and mostly are Everton Supporters (Lots of Everton stuff in the clubhouse ... mostly the tea mugs they use rofl.gif

So, just for this one time only Tomorrow at 2:30 I intend to be there cheering them on. (Oh and they play in blue and white too, which is a bonus.)

Holyhead Hotspur errr COYB?

A link:

http://www.holyheadhotspur.com/

Ewe better not!laugh.png

LOL Jona, hope your brother is on Telly and has a great time. And good luck in the cup. And as for Ewe being worried , well just Ram it lad. rofl.gif Awww sorry Jona, ( just like a lamb to the slaughter)

Bit of a posh stand in that ground Rubes!

This is my local mob...

http://www.willandrovers.co.uk/

Only a Rory Delap throw from my back gardensmile.png .

Willand Rovers MikeO another name to watch out for then. This grass roots football, is important, it is the glue that holds all football together IMO. So I am going to go along and cheer on Holyhead Hotspur today and see what happens.

Edited by Rubecula

Update:

Holyhead Hotspur 3

Llanrhaedr 0 (goal keeper sent off 70 mins)

Attendance, not sure but it looked about 70 or 80.

My gawd it was chuffing freezing with a sea breeze cutting people to the bones.

Oh yes I enjoyed it, friendly and folks mingling a lot.

My local team (the one I used to play for) pulled an attendance of around 40. Good atmousphere on a match-day actually and there was a buzz around the place if we'd win, Garswood United we were called and we played in the Cheshire League which I think it around 300 leagues lower than the Premier League.

Yes Zoo I found the aprés match drinkypoos pleasing too. The whole thing was very family orientated, wives/girlfriends, kids even those in prams, and elderly folks too. There was a coupl e there celebrating 60 years of marriage apparently that came with the away support. No swearing apart from one player who got a kick and shrieked a bit. Mostly it was "Come on ref sort it out" type of shouting. I found the entire thing very pleasant.

Yes Zoo I found the aprés match drinkypoos pleasing too. The whole thing was very family orientated, wives/girlfriends, kids even those in prams, and elderly folks too. There was a coupl e there celebrating 60 years of marriage apparently that came with the away support. No swearing apart from one player who got a kick and shrieked a bit. Mostly it was "Come on ref sort it out" type of shouting. I found the entire thing very pleasant.

Yeah same for where I came from. The players brought their wives/girlfriends and some brought their parents (me included) so that whole thing had a family atmousphere to it. There was no fighting too which was a welcome relief, in the youth teams it was happening week in and week out so it was a welcome change to actually start playing some football, it was just a shame that I didn't have any drinkypoos during the game :(

3-3 after extra time with T.N.S looking good, went to pens and we won! Carmarthen town now has the league cup to add to the Welsh cup we won in 2007. The Welsh cup by the way is the oldest football knock out cup competition in the world.jump%20for%20joy.gifcelebrate.gifguns.gif

That is great news Jona. WTG. (I think this allows them into Europe too if IIRC ?

Yeah same for where I came from. The players brought their wives/girlfriends and some brought their parents (me included) so that whole thing had a family atmousphere to it. There was no fighting too which was a welcome relief, in the youth teams it was happening week in and week out so it was a welcome change to actually start playing some football, it was just a shame that I didn't have any drinkypoos during the game sad.png

Aha well I waited until after the game myself for the drinkypoos Just the one though. I think it may become a regular thing for me to go to the match. I certainly had a good (if cold) day. Incidentally it cost a fiver with the program included (£4 without the program) and a couple of quid for refreshments, (tea, burger and a pint at the end.) And it was free to sit in the stands too.

Edited by Rubecula

How big does the 'stadium' hold Rubes? Because we had a stand but I'd say it would hold around 30 people so most of the people that came watching us had to stand around the back of the advertising boards and behind my goal (presumably because they could be closer to the bar as opposed to wanting to see me).