IGNORED

Which young players will shine this season?

Even though I love football I have to admit that I'm not a guru when it comes to young players. I'm opening this thread as a discussion for all players that are up and coming and who are going to set the world alight in a few years. I think it's a topic that's going to be widely discussed soon considering that Everton themselves have an ageing squad that needs to be re-built and some of us would like to see it re-built in a similar way to Dortmund who have based a team around young, German players.

Who do you think is going to be a star for the future?

Who do you think would be good for Everton?

Who do you think has been the best young player this season?

Answers in here please :).

Edited by Zoo

Mario Gotze is looking brilliant tonight. It's no wonder why Bayern paid so much to get him, I'd love us to be able to produce talent like that at here. If we got mega-money for Fellaini then I'd head straight to Dortmund for a replacement.

Mario Gotze is looking brilliant tonight. It's no wonder why Bayern paid so much to get him, I'd love us to be able to produce talent like that at here. If we got mega-money for Fellaini then I'd head straight to Dortmund for a replacement.

Leitner or Gundogan please, mentioned them somewhere before...

Im not as up to date as Ten on this subject but i know theres a couple of lads at Dortmund that go by the name of Bittencourt and Lietner, both look very promising and will probably replace gotze next year as they are both very similar to him.

Dennis praet, an 18 year old CM at Anderlecht also looks like he could be something special.

Best young player player for me and when i say young, young for me in football is U21, has been Ben Davies at Swansea, considering he was just 18 and was thrown in at the deep end, and not gradually introduced is really impressive IMO

Bit of embarrased to admit this, but i steered clear of this thread because of the title. I knew you liked the band by the same name Zoo :lol: only just read it now and realised it was in "general football" ...:lol:

Edited by GoodisonRoad

• 2 months later...

Bump - The new season is nearly upon us. Who do you think will make the big step up this year? Personally I think we can expect big things from De Bruyne over at Chelsea and this might be the year that Ross Barkley steps up and becomes a solid Everton player.

The old season has only just finished damn it. People need to quit getting ahead of themselves. I'm "trying" to enjoy (if such a word exists) a soccer free summer, and last year was quite horrendous, but attempting to make an improvement this time around. No play for a few weeks - mighty fine, and making the most of this interval.

I don't know what else, as haven't been focusing on what other clubs are purchasing this close season, and only have the one interest in the EPL so what others do is really their business but of course hope one or two of our promising kids can step up and be recognized. But once again, all some way off yet and just 'enjoying' a soccer free break. Want to see our young players do well but there's a time and a place for most things.

The old season has only just finished damn it. People need to quit getting ahead of themselves. I'm "trying" to enjoy (if such a word exists) a soccer free summer, and last year was quite horrendous, but attempting to make an improvement this time around. No play for a few weeks - mighty fine, and making the most of this interval.

I don't know what else, as haven't been focusing on what other clubs are purchasing this close season, and only have the one interest in the EPL so what others do is really their business but of course hope one or two of our promising kids can step up and be recognized. But once again, all some way off yet and just 'enjoying' a soccer free break. Want to see our young players do well but there's a time and a place for most things.

yeah, its called preseason :huh:

serious question, why do bother following any sport?

I don't follow many sports, just some sporadic events and of course this game, although say again, have lost considerable interest in recent years. I always get more upset and agitated when the soccer season is underway, so there's less of that for close season and things are a little more phlegmatic. Not looking forward maybe to a return to play in that regard in a few weeks, but it's all about the good of the club isn't it. Want to see the kids do well, and hopefully they shall, but got to be truthful in saying, I do enjoy these little summer breaks.

I don't follow many sports, just some sporadic events and of course this game, although say again, have lost considerable interest in recent years. I always get more upset and agitated when the soccer season is underway, so there's less of that for close season and things are a little more phlegmatic. Not looking forward maybe to a return to play in that regard in a few weeks, but it's all about the good of the club isn't it. Want to see the kids do well, and hopefully they shall, but got to be truthful in saying, I do enjoy these little summer breaks.

fair enough. i hate not having football, I end up searching and watching Chilean 2nd division (as an example) just to get my fix!