IGNORED

U18s derby shown live on Liverpool TV

Louis

Lad who missed the pen was Callum Dyson. I thought he went alright. Had a couple of decent headers coming in from the right hand side, and the penalty wasn't bad.

I wasn't overly impressed with the other lad....I think it was Brewster. Reminded me of Stuart Barlow a little.

Liverpool were the best team in the first half but then I think we were better in the second. I wasn't overly impressed with anyone other than Ledson tbh. His player who was next to him in midfield (Williams?) had his moments too but that standard wasn't what I was expecting tbh.

Liverpool were the best team in the first half but then I think we were better in the second. I wasn't overly impressed with anyone other than Ledson tbh. His player who was next to him in midfield (Williams?) had his moments too but that standard wasn't what I was expecting tbh.

This. Our play at the back just seemed so un-necessary at times. It also to me looked like the players we had were not up to the style of football we wanted to play. Looks to me as if there is still a bit of the Moyes legacy still left in the youth team, I.e bigger lads rather than the most technical. Liverpools team seemed to be a lot more suited to the style of play they were playing.

This. Our play at the back just seemed so un-necessary at times. It also to me looked like the players we had were not up to the style of football we wanted to play. Looks to me as if there is still a bit of the Moyes legacy still left in the youth team, I.e bigger lads rather than the most technical. Liverpools team seemed to be a lot more suited to the style of play they were playing.

Yeh the back 5 were very 'English' in the way they were playing. I think thats why Ledson stood out because he was dropping deep, moving around the pitch and playing those cross field balls trying to identify some space.

Its not in any way surprising though as it will take a few years for the right type of players to come through. That being said we did still knock it around quite well in the second half.