IGNORED

Anybody got a wee team in Scotland?

Of course the quality depends on the game, I'm not saying its always poor. Maybe ive just been unlucky because i dont watch it regularly. On the flip side, I do love the physicality of the Scottish game, none of the pussyfooting about or 17rolls after a butterfly bumped into you you see in the EPL or foreign leagues.

I know what you mean with a couple of teams dominating in the other leagues too, though applies less so to the EPL. One of the reasons I love it.

I had a wee look Peter but couldn't find any clips of Hans playing for Hearts, and that's a shame, I did find out that he's now playing poker professionally on the pokerstars circuit, so he must be decent at it. I've a question for you about Swedish Football...about 10 years ago there was a team playing in the Swedish 2nd division called Café Opera, and I followed them for a while but they seem to have disappeared....I think they were named after a bar/nightclub in Stockholm and they played in black.....do you know what happened to them?

The club was actually founded by the night club.

They have changed their name twice since then, first to Väsby United and then to AFC United which is their current name. They play in the First Division North in Sweden which is the third tier league. (same league as my home town) http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/AFC_United

They now play away in orange and Yellow (!!!) horrible kit. At home in a nice blue and white kit.

Here is Highlights from their last game against my home team Eskilstuna (who are in last place)

3 points behind with a game in hand? The start is always a mixed bag but you can bet your house when the season finishes Celtic will be on top.

To be honest, I don't really follow Scottish football as shown here:

It actually ended up 2-2 Kohen...

I thought they had won because I'd seen it at 2-0 and Celtic had let me down for £400. Draw makes it worse :(

Thanks for that Peter...that's a tidy little ground you've got their, shame about the lack of fans. The standard of football was good and the 3rd AFC goal was a peach. I'll try and keep an eye on them again...and I quite like the orange a yellow strip

Yes its a nice little ground. Around 8000 seats. They have not been in the top tier since the 70s and this is their first season in the 3rd tier after spending he past 20 odd years in yhe 4th tier. The lack of fans could be because we are not far from Stockholm where we have 3 of the biggest clubs in sweden. Djurgården, AIK and Hammarby. A lot of people support one of them instead.

At each corner of the ground you have flats. They are very popular due to the free football and music concerts that you get to see from your balcony.

Edited by Peter H