IGNORED

Can You Think Of A Better Name?

The current official "name" for the Australian team is the "Socceroos". Almost everybody thinks it's crap, but is there anybody out there who can come up with a decent name?

We should award a prize of a case of Fosters for the winner - but you'll have to collect it in Brisbane!

Come on youse scousers, we are the wackiest & most quick-witted lot, so I guess it doesn't have to be a REAL name - just a good, apt & witty one!

GO FOR IT!

LOL At least you're the Pommy Bastard and not "that Pommy Cnut" - you're ahead

already! Only takes half a lifetime to be accepted eh?  :D

Surely the phrase Pommy comes from POME - which is an abreviation of

Prisoner Of Mother England - which is the title that Aussies took when we banished them from our isles for commiting crimes so terrible that we couldn't even house them in our own prisons! :D

Can never understand why they call us Pommy bastards - it was used by the english originally - its almost ironic!

ANyway - new name for the socceroos...

the 'downunders' - coz they never win shit!

Their are 2 variatons of this rolwo...the POME ( suppsoedly was sewn on their rags) theory of which I have also heard...But their's also another relating to Pommie Granites...It fux me to be honest, havent a clue which is the deal.

best Ive seen in retaliation was a fella I wrked with over here from Glasgow,...he once produced a Loaf o bread during a break that had a small chain & a pad lock...around the top....

To which our Scottish comedian explained..."These Bastards have a reputation 4 stealing bread"

He became known as of all things the " Scottish Pom"..????

I always sing to em,...Ball & chain, Ball & chain, you came on the 1st fleet, I came by Qantas plane..!!!

Gota give it to the Australian poeple though ( some seem a bit big headed when tavel our way[uk]) but in their own country, they are so hospitable & LAFF at feurkin anyhting. Good Sports indeed. They happily take what they give to, & call a dickhead a dickhead...Pat Likes that.

Edited by PatV

Their are 2 variatons of this rolwo...the POME ( suppsoedly was sewn on their rags) theory of which I have also heard...But their's also another relating to Pommie Granites...It fux me to be honest, havent a clue which is the deal.

best Ive seen in retaliation was a fella I wrked with over here from Glasgow,...he once produced a Loaf o bread during a break that  had a small  chain & a pad lock...around the top....

To which our Scottish comedian explained..."These Bastards have a reputation 4 stealing bread"

He became  known as of all things the " Scottish Pom"..????

I always sing to em,...Ball & chain, Ball & chain, you came on the 1st fleet, I came by Qantas plane..!!!

Gota give it to the Australian poeple though ( some seem a bit big headed when tavel our way[uk]) but in their own country, they are so hospitable & LAFF at feurkin anyhting. Good Sports indeed. They happily take what they give to, & call a dickhead a dickhead...Pat Likes that.

Yeah - I work with two Aussies at shell in Ellesmere Port - they are both from Melbourne suburbs(Korumburra i think).

Quality - have some good laughs - as you said, they call a spade a spade! :D

• 2 weeks later...