IGNORED

Most saves in a season!

Most saves in the Premier League this season are:

58 Robert Green (QPR), 52 Tom Heaton (Burnley), Brad Guzan (Aston Villa), 49 Adrian (West Ham), 48 Kasper Schmeichel (Leicester City), 47 David de Gea (Man United), Hugo Lloris (Tottenham), 46 Lukasz Fabianski (Swansea), 45 Ben Foster (West Brom), 38 Simon Mignolet (Liverpool), Julian Speroni (Crystal Palace), 33 Joe Hart (Manchester City), 33 Tim Howard (Everton), Allan McGregor (Hull City), 32 Thibaut Courtois (Chelsea), 30 Wojciech Szczesny (Arsenal), Vito Mannone (Sunderland), 29 Fraser Forster (Southampton), 28 Tim Krul (Newcastle), 26 Asmir Begovic (Stoke), 25 Costel Pantilimon (Sunderland).

Opta have only been keeping records on saves since the start of the 2003-4 season, but in that time Green is also in top spot for the most saves in a season with 178 for Norwich during 2004-5. Norwich went on to be relegated at the end of that campaign.

Another current top flight 'keeper features next with Ben Foster making 170 saves during Birmingham’s 2010-2011 campaign, while Jussi Jaaskelainen pulled off 166 stops for West Ham during the 2012-13 season.

So ...

Most saves in a season since 2003-04 season:

178 Robert Green (Norwich 2004-5), 170 Ben Foster (Birmingham 2010-11), 166 Jussi Jaaskelainen (West Ham 2012-13), 165 Wayne Hennessey (Wolves 2011-12), 164 Marcus Hahnemann ( Reading 2006-7), 161 Robert Green (West Ham 2010-11), 158 Edwin van der Sar (Fulham 2003-4), 153 Brad Friedel (Blackburn 2006-7), David Marshall (Cardiff 2013-14), 151 Marcus Hahnemann (Reading 2007-8), Gabor Kiraly (Crystal Palace 2004-5).

Just for your info guys!!

Not too sure of the value of that Dave; it certainly doesn't give an indication of how good the keepers are. Those making the most saves are playing for the worst teams so they inevitably have more opportunities than the best keepers at the top teams.

Not sure you can extract any useful information from it tbh.

Saves to shots ratio would be much more illuminating.

Not too sure of the value of that Dave; it certainly doesn't give an indication of how good the keepers are. Those making the most saves are playing for the worst teams so they inevitably have more opportunities than the best keepers at the top teams.

Not sure you can extract any useful information from it tbh.

Saves to shots ratio would be much more illuminating.

Yep thinks that's pretty much my thoughts.

If you're playing in a relegation threatened team you're going to have shots raining in on you. By the law of averages you're going to make more saves than someone like Arsenals goalie.

yeah I know, but my cousin sent me this and it sort of caught my eye!

What about the other one to hand right now:

Most Premier League goals without a header

Damien Duff (54), Ashley Young (41), Patrik Berger (38), Samir Nasri (32), James Milner (31), Adam Johnson (27), Leighton Baines (26), Aaron Lennon (25), Marc Overmars (25) and Sebastian Larsson (25)