IGNORED

Windows Xp Home Edition

scouse

My Aunties PC was running slow so she decided to format the hard drive!!

Any how I only have a copy of XP Pro so I installed it however I have since found out that the memory card in the laptop is not compatible with XP Pro only home edition. Any ideas of where I can get a copy of this from?

Sadly, in the last cple of months microsoft have added an OS Tracker within it's regular updates.

This lil bugger causes it to report to ms everday & leaves a blue star in tool bar of which when you clikc, they advise that perhaps you haver been the victim of fraud or ar running ripped software.

SO on that baisis scouse a copy will have to purchased mate...unless of course she never goes near the net & then ya could use anyones copy or a Download version etc.

u wait.

used or use.?..I used ripped xp pro for over 18mnths..got nailed in last month or so.

Not worth running the risk of wrath... IMHo with not updating etc leaving one even more vulnerable to all sorts. used to be ok... :(

http://news.com.com/Microsoft+Legit+Windows+or+no+updates/2100-1016_3-5550205.html

Microsoft: Legit Windows or no updates

Aiming to crack down on counterfeit software, Microsoft plans later this year to require customers to verify that their copy of Windows is genuine before downloading security patches and other add-ons to the operating system.

Since last fall the company has been testing a tool that can check whether a particular version of Windows is legitimate, but until now the checks have been voluntary. Starting Feb. 7, the verification will be mandatory

By the middle of this year, Microsoft will make the verification mandatory in all countries for both add-on features to Windows as well as for all OS updates, including security patches.

Not the orig article i was looking for, but same jist.

Am not trying to outdo or out Bollox anyone...just think you should be aware of scouse mate before making any decisions etc.

ANd I no this is factual as ive had it happen on 2 DIFF Pc's running ripped OS...result...I eventually coughed up for real deal.

Edited by PatV