IGNORED

Strange Request...

TrueBlue

Alright fellas,

Hate to do this but I would appreciate some help please.

The problem is that I'm currently in my 2nd year of a Sports Journalism degree and in January I have my work placement. I've tried a few news papers around but everyone keeps saying that they have no vancancies. So I was just wondering I don't suppose that anyone here knows any places I can do 3-4 weeks work experience. Any numbers and contacts would be really appreciated.

I also understand this is a long shot and cheeky but I need to sort something out soon.

Thanks,

Matt

Alright fellas,

Hate to do this but I would appreciate some help please.

The problem is that I'm currently in my 2nd year of a Sports Journalism degree and in January I have my work placement. I've tried a few news papers around but everyone keeps saying that they have no vancancies. So I was just wondering I don't suppose that anyone here knows any places I can do 3-4 weeks work experience. Any numbers and contacts would be really appreciated.

I also understand this is a long shot and cheeky but I need to sort something out soon.

Thanks,

Matt

Tried one of the football clubs? They have press offices dont they!

Could give you the number of The Tiverton Gazette, covering the mighty ( :lol: ) ambers in the Southern league shite division...but you'd have to talk and act like an idiot local yokel and be functionally illiterate to work for them safely....and not say anything nice about black people....or Poles...or anyone actually not born within a five mile radius and married to their sister. Hmmm :huh: .

Probably not a lot of help to you mate...better luck elsewhere :unsure: .

Could give you the number of The Tiverton Gazette, covering the mighty ( :lol: ) ambers in the Southern league shite division...but you'd have to talk and act like an idiot local yokel and be functionally illiterate to work for them safely....and not say anything nice about black people....or Poles...or anyone actually not born within a five mile radius and married to their sister. Hmmm :huh: .

Probably not a lot of help to you mate...better luck elsewhere :unsure: .

And this is the place you choose to live with your family Mike? :huh:

And this is the place you choose to live with your family Mike? :huh:

Therein lies a long tale my piscine friend! In short...needed (for family reasons) to be near Exeter 'bout eight years ago...fairly quickly realised that we didn't fit in (you're considered politically "liberal" if you vote UKIP instead of BNP :unsure: ). However Josh was in a good school and happy so we resolved to stay for his sake (and the original reasons) 'til he moved up to high school. Mercifully that's next year and we're actively looking to move at mo....not far, but far enough.

Sorry to hijack your thread Matt...hope you get a place, sounds like a dream career if you make a go of it!

...but you'd have to talk and act like an idiot local yokel and be functionally illiterate to work for them safely...

Aren't most journalists like that :P

No problem hijacking the thread mate, tbh I never expected much really, just looks like I'll have to work further afield, like I did last year at Bolton Evening News (was very boring). :D

About it being a good career, but thanks anyway.

Good luck in finding a new home though :)