IGNORED

Pinochet Is Dead.

Louis

'Bout fucking time. Hope he was in a lot of pain. Maggie will be so upset, specially so soon after her nice South African friend PW Botha went. If she's not careful she won't have a single nazi left to call a friend. How sad.

Sorry, in case that's not clear enough..Hurrah indeed :D !

Edited by mikeo

my dad just put in a contraversial point but it is true.

when Pinochet came into power he rounded up all the people who were suspected to be against him and they were killed. he ruled with an iron fist and no trouble was heard from Chile.

now look at iraq. saddam did the same. killed many people who were considered to be lethal. no trouble in iraq. saddam is captured/overthrown and sentanced to death. you hear of bombings in iraq all the time.

these leaders may have been brutal but they ruled well. no trouble was heard of because the people knew the consequences.

my dad just put in a contraversial point but it is true.

when Pinochet came into power he rounded up all the people who were suspected to be against him and they were killed. he ruled with an iron fist and no trouble was heard from Chile.

now look at iraq. saddam did the same. killed many people who were considered to be lethal. no trouble in iraq. saddam is captured/overthrown and sentanced to death. you hear of bombings in iraq all the time.

these leaders may have been brutal but they ruled well. no trouble was heard of because the people knew the consequences.

My dad says exactly the same mate , as he reckons that certain countries need to be ruled with an iron fist and cannot be ruled any other way .

I think it's obvious that Iraq isn't gonna take to democracy but we're embroiled in their sh!tty polotics now , Iraq was at peace under Saddam although i cannot agree with his methods ( the vicious , evil , murdering bar-steward )they worked for him .

The problam with the Allies is that we're too civilised and it was always gonna end up like this , to beat the insurgents you have t be as brutal as them but as i say we're too civilised so its a lose / lose situation .

You watch , as soon as we pull out some other dictator as bad as Saddam will take over and it will all be the same as it ever was .

Some of Pinochet's Economic reforms, did stablise & ensure future economic growth to whatw as @ best a failing tin pot economy.

Some Chilean's also celebrate Augustine as a great fightrer of communism.

Regardless & from my fence post, The Social atrocities comitted can never out weigh any fiscal bottom line.

Logical conclusion from that point of view is that Hitler ruled best of all, take over...kill every perceived threat, everyone terrified into submission. No trouble.

I am not saying they were right mik but just seems that certain regimes suit certain countrys better , look at the way Iraq has gone now and its obvious that as soon as the allies pull out there will be another Saddam in place so what the fook are we doing there in the first place .

Like i say ( and too our very credit ) we're too civilised to try and stableise such a volitile country , it aint gonna happen unless you're as brutal as those you're fighting against and we're better than that .

Hitler was a war-monger where as Saddam didnt threaten us what-so-ever and i think there where ulterior motives for the Iraq invasion which have subsequently blown up in the allies face .

Gotta say i was all for ousting Saddam from the start but have seen the error of my ways now cos countrys like that will never take to democracy and we're wating our time ( and our soldiers lives ) even bothering trying to change them .