IGNORED

New Car-jacking Scam...

fcssl

Just received the following in a Neighbourhood Watch ( yea yea, I receive neighbourhood watch emails from the local Police station as I stupidly put my name on a piece of paper about 4 years ago when I moved into my new house...anyway...)

Take a quick read...

FORWARDED MESSAGE FROM STRATHCLYDE POLICE

ALL CAR OWNERS AND CAR DRIVERS; PLEASE READ.

Warning!!!!

You need to be aware of a new "car-jacking" scheme.

You walk across the car park, unlock your car and get inside. Then you lock all your doors, start the engine and perhaps put the gear into reverse. You look into the rear-view mirror to back out of your parking space and you notice a piece of paper stuck to the middle of the rear window.

So, you shift the gear stick back into park or neutral, unlock your doors and jump out of your car to remove the paper or whatever it is that is obstructing your view. When you reach the back of your car, that is when the car-jackers appear out of nowhere, jump into your car and take off!! Your engine was running, you would have left your purse in the car and they practically mow you down as they speed off in your car.

BE AWARE OF THIS NEW SCHEME; IT IS NOW BECOMING COMMONPLACE IN GLASGOW AND MANCHESTER AND IS MAKING ITS WAY ACROSS THE COUNTRY!!!!!!!!

So what should you do?

Just drive away and remove the paper later - it is stuck to your window!

I hope you will forward this e-mail to friends and family (especially females, who seem to be more vulnerable to this particular danger)! A purse contains all identification, and you certainly do NOT want someone getting your home address - especially as they would probably already have your keys!!!

SO BE AWARE, AND TAKE CARE WHENEVER YOU GET OUT OF YOUR CAR, ESPECIALLY IN ANY CAR-PARK OR OTHER PUBLIC AREA.

Brian Molloy

Detective Constable

Force Intelligence Bureau

Strathclyde Police

0141 532 5867

An alternative viewpoint...

.....virtually identical versions of this warning set in different parts of the world strongly indicate that the information in the message is not based on fact. Obviously, from time to time, someone alters an earlier version of the message to suit a local audience by substituting local place names or organizations before forwarding it onward. Thus, they are simply recycling an already dubious warning rather than reporting on events that are actually occurring in the targeted area or country.

Given that there are no credible reports of such crimes occurring in any of the targeted nations, forwarding this email seems counter-productive. Alerting all your friends about a non-existent car-jacking crime wave by emailing them a factually spurious "warning" is unlikely to be at all helpful. In fact, in our already crime-plagued society, perpetrating false warnings just spreads unnecessary fear and alarm. Hoax emails of this nature can also tie up valuable police resources because police personnel have to field numerous enquiries about the status of the messages.

These messages should be deleted rather than forwarded.

This, however, is far more worrying and though I've posted it before I make no apology for repeating the warning...

Mind you don't get caught out with this one!!!!

I am posting this to you to warn you of something that happened to me as I am a victim of the latest scam at a Supermarket while shopping.

This happened at ASDA and it could happen to you.

Here's how it works:

Two good looking 21 year old girls come to your car as you are leaving while your are placing your bags on the floor of the front seat.

One starts wiping your windscreen with a rag and Windolene while the other comes to your window saying "Hi" while bending over with her breasts almost coming out of her blouse. It's impossible not to look. When you thank them and offer them a tip, they say "No" but ask you for a ride to another Supermarket.

You agree and tell them to sit in the back seat. On the way, they start having sex with each other.

Then one of them climbs over into the front seat and gives you a blow job, while the other one steals your wallet.

I was assaulted last Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday and Friday, but I couldn't find them Saturday or Sunday.

Be careful!

Mike

Edited by mikeo