IGNORED

Moyes To Sfa: No.

Louis

Everton boss David Moyes has denied that he is one of the names in the frame to replace Walter Smith as the new Scottish boss.

Former Everton boss Smith left the SFA this week to rejoin his old club Rangers and they are now after a replacement but Moyes says he is not the man for the job, for the time being.

"I've had no contact from the SFA and it's not my time to be Scotland manager," he told The Mirror.

"It's not a job which interests me now - I'm more interested in bringing sustainable success to Everton.

"In time, when I'm hopefully older and wiser, I might be in a position to think about it," said the 43-year-old. "But, at the moment, the answer is 'no'."

I agree with Pat, I would consider this a step down also.

The Premiership is the most famous and widely acknowledged league throughout the footballing world. Scotland, although it is a beautiful country of which my ancestors are from...is kind of a toothless tiger in the international footballing scene.

Although Moyes is a raving Scot, I think he is more likely to, at least I hope he would, remain at Everton for the immediate future.

;)