IGNORED

Are These Any Good?

Louis

I've read that after the fourth year the battery should be replaced.. my car is four years old and wasn't used at all during the winter (just occasionally started up on the drive and windows opened for an hour or so so the air didnt stagnate) so im just wondering whether my battery has had it.

I need to learna bit about my car I think... I've been looking at getting a book like this one:

http://www.amazon.com/Auto-Repair-Dummies-...r/dp/0764550896 so that I know little things about maintenance and whatever to prolong the life of the spider and his cobwebs in my wallet :)

Save ya self 20 notes & take the terminals off when not in use for long periods. Even better find a nice dry spot inside to save from corrosion.

Car's like women, Ive had new ones, old ones, easy ones & clapped out ones....They all suk U dry eventually.

dont buy one of them books, customers with books cause me all kinds of problems.

haynes manuals aarrrgghhh!

"Your car will need this, sir" says StevO

"but the book says...." says the idiot infront of StevO

you can get decent quality batteries for about £30 nowdays anyway Louis, i wouldnt worry too much. if you can, make a note of your radio code incase your battery goes flat.

and maintenance you can/should do yourself will be in your owners manual

i know what it is Louis, and with the greatest respect....

..... DONT BUY THE FOOKIN BOOK!!!!

:lol:

would you use a dummies guide to home electricity maintenance? the idiots guide to gas fire instalation?

if you dont know what your doing with your car there is a reason for that, so best leaving it alone than ending up in a morg.

find yourself a good local mechanic, make friends with him, get him a pint or two at the pub, no more car worries!