IGNORED

What Might Be A Realistic Transfer Budget This Summer?

now charlton have been relegated i think a move for luke young would be good for us. decent RB, was in the england set up before he got injured, he would have went to germany if it wasnt for the injury. wouldnt cost much, about £2m id say because charlton have missed out on the money next season so will need to sell to have money.

D.Bent may be cheaper now but would still cost abit, around £9m id say for him.

lets just think about this realistically and logically-

1. There is always some money available for transfers if we had a poor season - lets say £5M as a base kitty

2. We are finishing higher up the Premeriship - extra prize money (£0.5M per place) lets say £2M extra from say a mid table finish budget - £2M

3. A place in the UEFA Cup - Extra gates, TV money - lets say worth a conservative £2M.

4. The extra TV money - they have that in the bracket of being worth an extra £20M this year minimum- Half that say £10M, the rest goes on extra wages/reducing debt or whatever.

5. Money generated from sales - Beattie a definate, VDM. Naysmith - lets say £4M.

That gives a total of £23M, so I would say the £25M war chest may not be a million miles from the truth if you just add up all the little bits and bobs.

Trouble is that a huge percentage is from the extra TV money -which ever club will get, so in theory the cost of players and wages just goes up- so based on our past spending sounds a huge amount, but it's all just relative. i.e Everton won't have a particulaly large transfer budget compared to other.

I expect - £5.5M to go on Barton and £7M to go on Nugent straight away.

Sounds a lot for Nugent, but I expect this summers transfer costs to be around 20% higher than last seasons players, as there is more money out there to spend at each club.

Everton Lad said.......... "because charlton have missed out on the money next season so will need to sell to have money".

Wouldnt be surprised if nobody left or its possible Bent might go, but teams departing the Prem this season will get £20 million pounds for the next two seasons. I think they might hold on to most of the squad.

Teams going down always get money for the next 2 seasons. Unfair advantage to me but thats the rule, good old Watfard CAME UP, NEVER SPENT A PENNY GOT THIS YEARS MONEY AND WILL GET £40m MORE NOW COS THEY'RE RELEGATED. :o:o

A stupid rule if you ask me but thats the FA for you.