IGNORED

Mido Slams 'drunks'

Mido has branded fans who chanted that he was carrying a bomb "ridiculous" and "drunk".

The Egyptian striker was livid when Newcastle fans sang "Mido, he's got a bomb, Mido" in a reference to his Arab Muslim background. They also chanted "Mido is a paedo" to wind him up during the Tyne-Tees derby on Sunday.

The 24-year-old was booked by ref Mike Dean for gestures Newcastle fans say included several V-signs to the away end, with officials saying the player had jeopardised "security".

Mido is becoming a cult hero among Boro fans for his all-action battling displays since signing for £6million a fortnight ago.

He said: "I am used to it from opposition fans. I just think it was ridiculous. They were taking the p***. Maybe some of them were drunk or something, I don't know.

"But how should you react? It made me want to score more goals. I was very delighted to have scored once and I wanted another. But I heard it. It was very clear and I understood what they were saying.

"When the ref gave me a yellow card I was really frustrated. I just don't understand why I got booked. I was told it was for security reasons but I don't see how that is possible. I just put my finger to my mouth to say quiet.

"I don't think I deserved a booking but that is football I suppose and you just have to get on with it."

Mido reckons Gareth Southgate's squad are ready to prove the doubters wrong this season, and they showed some bright attacking play to scrap back level twice against their Geordie rivals.

He added: "We have so much quality. We have a lot of young players who are hungry and desperate to do well.

"The fact that we came back twice shows a lot of character and underlines where this club is going.

"The crowd have been fantastic to me and the staff, and I feel really settled.

"It was an amazing reception from the home fans, I really appreciated it. The fans do appreciate players who fight and they see that I am fighting for the club."

Mido Abuse

Celebration

I dont see any V-Signs??

Thoughts? I reckon they should ban newcastle away for rest of season (extreme i know but i'm a massive Barcode hater), If only to shut them up about "being the best fans in the world" Bollocks

as an indigenous person myself... no

Think that was a rhetorical question Dodge. Point being "no racism" is one of the rules.

Have a read of this mate....if you can't stick to it then maybe you need to be looking elsewhere to have your say. There's others about you may be more at ease with. No point in keep posting and being edited and deleted, waste of your time and ours :wink2: .

>>>>LINK<<<<

Edited by MikeO