9 replies to this topic

#1 Parapluie

Parapluie

Mick Lyons

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 789 posts

Posted 15 Sep 2009 - 22:43

I haven't seen him play much, is he looking like a good prospect?

#2 jamiemaher85

jamiemaher85

Those Feet

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,624 posts

Posted 15 Sep 2009 - 23:26

He shows glimpses but he's so young that it's hard to tell, to be honest from the games i've seen I think I prefer the look of Wallace.

#3 milky71

milky71

Phil Jagielka

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 328 posts

Posted 16 Sep 2009 - 07:16

no

#4 Romey 1878

Romey 1878

Mildo

• Cyber Steward
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 44,122 posts

Posted 16 Sep 2009 - 07:49

He gets far too excited whenever he gets the ball and then ends up losing it. If he can gain a bit of composure then he could be useful.

#5 CaptainFerguson10

CaptainFerguson10

Leon Osman

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 595 posts

Posted 16 Sep 2009 - 10:31

For a 17 year old, his goal record is similar to Owen I believe at that age. Very good prospect, let's see how Moyes develops him.

#6 blueblood

blueblood

Leighton Baines

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 251 posts

Posted 16 Sep 2009 - 20:35

For a 17 year old, his goal record is similar to Owen I believe at that age. Very good prospect, let's see how Moyes develops him.

His goal scoring record may be similar but I don't think we'll see Jose scoring against Argentina in the latter stages of the World Cup next year!

He's a prospect, but the club has loads of them and then releases them without giving them a game.

#7 CaptainFerguson10

CaptainFerguson10

Leon Osman

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 595 posts

Posted 16 Sep 2009 - 20:39

His goal scoring record may be similar but I don't think we'll see Jose scoring against Argentina in the latter stages of the World Cup next year!

He's a prospect, but the club has loads of them and then releases them without giving them a game.

True, but then who's to blame for that?

#8 foobiezw

foobiezw

(╯□)╯︵ ┻━┻

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 187 posts

Posted 17 Sep 2009 - 12:31

its CaptainFerguson's fault *points the finger*

#9 MikeO

MikeO

Scars are tattoos with better stories.

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 39,402 posts

Posted 17 Sep 2009 - 13:18

As do all clubs. Don't know how many exactly but maybe fifty/sixty "prospects" at any one time across the age ranges (probably a lot more). They get chances to prove themselves at every level presumably and ultimately the management team decide who stays and who goes. All of them are far better players than any of us can ever dream of being (unless anyone knows better :P ) but very few, at any club, make it through to the first team. I think with Rodwell, Gosling, Ossie, Vaughan, Vic, Hibbert and the dearly departed Rooney coming through we probably have a better track record than most at giving them a chance :) .
Think if Baxter is good enough he'll get a chance to prove it.

#10 jofanon

jofanon

Kevin Sheedy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,538 posts

Posted 17 Sep 2009 - 13:48

I'm sure Ron Burgundy wants his dog back soon so I'll doubt he'll make the 1st team

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users