IGNORED

Everton supporter needed for Sunderland site

kingshirker

Is there any fellow insomniac out there who is up for the Q&A on Sunderland v Everton for http://salutsunderland.com

Let me know at colinrandall@hotmail.com and I will send questions

Prominent link for this site guaranteed. The article would be seen by lots of Everton fans as well as ours.

We do a similar thing here mate.

I'm sure if you post your questions you'll get a good response.

We do a similar thing here mate.

I'm sure if you post your questions you'll get a good response.

OK, there's a first for everything - if I cannot persuade an Evertonian to do the whole thing, which is our normal format, I'm happy to see what the questions posted here produce. Reply any way you want - taking one question, a few or all (I'll number them):

1 When Sunderland supporters were demanding Steve Bruce's head, the name David Moyes cropped up on a lot of lips. What would your response have been; "over our dead bodies", "maybe" or 'take him, please"?

2 How can Everton re-create the era when the club expected and was expected to win trophies each season?

3 Maybe follows on from that: how would you feel about the sort of takeover that brought untold riches and the near-certainty of success to Manchester City?

4 What were your minimum and maximum expectations as the season began?

5 Who are the greatest players you have seen in Everton colours, or wish you'd seen, and who should have been allowed nowhere near them?

6 Where do you stand on the Keep Everton in our City campaign?

7 Plenty of people have been linked to both our clubs. Taking just one - Peter Reid - what does that name mean to an Evertonian?

8 Name this season's top four in order, and the bottom three.

9 The Barton Question: was the Eduardo Question, could have been the Larsson Question after one recent incident. Those names cover feigning injury and diving but which form of cheating most angers you and what would you do to stamp it out?

10 What will be the the score on Boxing Day?

OK, there's a first for everything - if I cannot persuade an Evertonian to do the whole thing, which is our normal format, I'm happy to see what the questions posted here produce. Reply any way you want - taking one question, a few or all (I'll number them):

1 When Sunderland supporters were demanding Steve Bruce's head, the name David Moyes cropped up on a lot of lips. What would your response have been; "over our dead bodies", "maybe" or 'take him, please"?

For me, Over our dead bodies, at least until we find out what he can do with some money behind him. He has still not shown his capabilities when he has real money to spend IMO

2 How can Everton re-create the era when the club expected and was expected to win trophies each season?

We need financial investment, badly.

3 Maybe follows on from that: how would you feel about the sort of takeover that brought untold riches and the near-certainty of success to Manchester City?

I said at the time I didn't like it so it would be hypocritical to change my point of view now. I would like some money, but enough to compete in the world not actually buy the world.

Considering we bought little, max was Europa League, Min was mid table at the start of the season.

5 Who are the greatest players you have seen in Everton colours, or wish you'd seen, and who should have been allowed nowhere near them?

Alex Young. Alan Ball, Duncan McKenzie when he was on form, and a few others. Wish I had seen Dixie play.

Myself I want to not only keep Everton in the city, I want to keep them at Goodison. But I am also realistic enough to know that may not be the way forward.

7 Plenty of people have been linked to both our clubs. Taking just one - Peter Reid - what does that name mean to an Evertonian?

To me he was a great midfield general. And that is about it really.

Top four. 1, Man Utd. 2 Man City. 3 Spurs. 4 Chelsea.

Bottom Three. Wigan, Bolton and possibly Wolves.

9 The Barton Question: was the Eduardo Question, could have been the Larsson Question after one recent incident. Those names cover feigning injury and diving but which form of cheating most angers you and what would you do to stamp it out?

Not seen a free kick given for obstruction in years, apparently it is still a rule, yet players get away with it every game. Irritates the sweet hell out of me.

Now that is a hard one........ 2 -1 either way will not surprise me.

Thank you for asking those questions and good luck with your season, obviously not including games against us.

Edited by Rubecula

I'd have been gutted. Moyes is a great manager. A few fans have lost patience, and criticised him, but I believe in the guy, and trust him. Bruce is a good lad, and cares. He needed a bit of luck. I'm not an O'neil fan. He spat his dummy out, which showed he wasn't up for a greater challenge. Compared to Moyes, he has no balls.

Those days are gone. I don't envisage them to return. A cup win perhaps, but there are lots of clubs with money now, and staying competitive must surely be our first priority.

Investment, yes. New stadium, perhaps. Where does it stop? City are a totally new business. The difference being they bought 40,000 fans, and closed their club down. New club, new owners, new players,. new ground, new location, new fans. Not for me. Give me a budget every transfer window and allow Moyes to compete, and I'll be happy. Do what City did, and I'll gladly consider my feelings about being a fan.

I expected us to be one place behind the rich teams, and we can still achieve that if we get on a run. Maximum expectation was Europa league. With the big spenders flexing their muscles, asking for more is unrealistic.

Difficult question to answer. I'm going to stick my neck out though, and say that Fellaini has what it takes to be on that list if he works hard.

It's a heart versus head scenario, but I'd be happy if the club benefited either way. Too much is given to sentiment these days. It's the younger fans who will be affected more than older fans like myself, but it will be a sad day if they bulldoze Goodison Park. In a perfect world, I'd like to build on the same plot, and keep a little piece of the stadium.

He was a good player in his day, but could do with losing a few pounds ;o)

Man City - Man Utd - Chelsea - Arsenal ..............Wolves, Blackburn, Wigan.

I don't like players who get other players sent off by feigning injury. Lafferty of Rangers feigning that head butt was a disgrace. Diving is just as bad. I hate cheats, and would boo anybody who cheated in a dark blue shirt.

Everton 2-0.

All the best, and good luck.

I am grateful to both Dixie Dean and Avonalaff for these responses, which I shall post on Saturday. I will keep my promise to link here so that any further replies can be seen, too, whether or not I have a chance to insert them over at my place.

His name is Rubecula mate, Dixie Dean would have a job to answer your questions, he's dead.

For Sunderland , over our dead bodies .

Bill and board have to sell the club at a reasonable price to somebody who has the money and ambition to make this THE club on Merseyside.

Delirious . Even if it went tits up after a few seasons , it would still be better than what's happening now.

Minimum - 17th Maximum - 10th

Greatest - Joe Parkinson , Anders Limpar and Wayne Rooney.

Worst - Claus Thomsen , Graham Stuart , John Spencer

I agree with them.

Brilliant player , entertaining pundit , average manager.

Man City , Man Utd, Chelsea , The Shite

Blackburn , Wigan , Bolton

Getting players sent off by surrounding the ref. Book the swarmers after a few warnings.

1-1

Good luck for the rest of the season , cheers fella.

His name is Rubecula mate, and he is the brilliant, handsome, intelligent and sort of young voice of reason on the forum Dixie Dean would have a job to answer your questions, he's dead.

Thanks Bill I fixed it for you by adding the bit you forgot to add.rofl.gif

Edited by Rubecula

Over our dead bodies, im sure DM would have made a difference to Sunderland, he is great at getting the most out of his squad and great with youngsters. Give him a nice transfer kitty and he would be happy, but im also sure that if DM leaves Everton it will be for bigger and better things, and with all due respect I dont think Sunderland are it.

In all honesty, money and the state of Goodison Park. Other then that, just a couple of players. We are not far off the mark. Just need to make sure to start a season better than this year.

Id take it in a second, some are scared of loosing the clubs identity, screw that, hand over the cash and a few big names and id be as happy as a business man on a "business trip" to Thailand

Minimum - top 8

Maximum - Euro qualification

Greatest Everton player for me has to be Kevin Sheedy, loved him. Was absolutely gutted when he joined Newcastle. (when was that? 92-93?)

Would have liked us to sign Seb Larsson this season, not only because im Swedish and from the same home town as Sebastian but because he has what we currently lack. Width on the right with a killer cross. (And a great freekick, him and Baines would be able to share the duties)

Brett Angel should never have been allowed here.

Absolutely a yes.

I agree with previous speaker, brilliant player, has not done much as a manager.

At the moment?

Man City

Man U

Tottenham

Chelsea

Wigan

Bolton

Blackburn

Table does not lie.

I just feel that the pulling of shirts is getting ridiculous. Divers should be shot. Unless they are named Anders Limpar

Two evenly matched teams in my eyes. Difficult to say, but 1-1. Sebastian Larsson with a brilliant freekick for Sunderland and Cahill with a header for Everton. (heres hoping that Cahill gets in the box at least once in the game)

Over our dead bodies. Despite how frustrating he has been lately Id hate to see him go.

Money, lots of it. Normally I say we have the team and we dont need money but the team that played so well last year, and players who have played so well for the years before that, just arent cutting it at the moment. Weve proven many times over the years that we dont need money to succeed but its getting to the point were i think theres no other option. It hurts to say that.

Took them 400m+, then wages over 4 years and theyve got 1 cup. This seasons title isnt a certainty either. Of course it would be wonderful for any club to have that much wealth but id rather someone came in with a bit of money and sort the club out internally, keeping a tight ship and invest in youth rather than spend stupid money on arrogant egos.

Minimum expectation was to finish 10th. Max was Europa qualification and the FA Cup :D

Thats a tough one to answer really, as we all come from different generations. Arteta and Cahill at their prime were fantastic, Baines (although having an off-season by his standards so far), Weir, Dave Watson, Lee Carsely, Big Nev to name a few....

Not commenting on this one, big can of worms!

Before my time but ive got a lot of respect for the guy from his managerial and punditry.

Man Utd, Man City, Chelsea, Arsenal

Bolton, Wigan, Blackburn.

Diving is obivious and can be solved by the 4th official reviewing a replay. Waving the imaginary card and crowding the ref are my big pet hates. If you wave an imaginary card, you get one yourself. Anyone other than the captain approaches, 1 warning then book them

1-1

Happy holidays mate

Noble Savage's summing up of Peter Reid is so good I have added that, too, to the post which will go up at Salut! Sunderland on Saturday morning (don't be surprised to see some traffic from Sunderland supporters over the weekend as they follow the link here).

But one point in Reidy's defence as manager: it is inconceivable that any other manager of SAFC in the last 30+ years, maybe a lot longer, would have achieved successive seventh top finishes in the top flight. He may have been lucky with the Phillips/Quinn partnership, and he certainly lost the plot afterwards, but the realist in me says that is a formidable managerial achievement at a club more accustomed in my time to relegation and promotion battles. We may have won six league titles but three of them were in the century before last, and there has been none since 1935-6!