Sign in to follow this  
JohnDTraynor

Champions League Place; 4th Might Not Be Enough

:o You don't say[/irony]

It's why Liverpool supporters are openly saying that if they won the Champions League they'd rather finish fifth (with us in fourth) because it would piss us off so much.

Not gonna happen though is it? Better fucking not :angry: .

just to repeat something I have said in a previous thread:

"Can't help but think though, why are we continuing to look behind us when Chelsea are only 5 points in front. It is far easier being the chasers rather than the chasees (?) and we should be looking onward and upward, not back to the likes of lowly Liverpool.

This is a massive club and we shouldn't "settle" for forth. I hope Moyes is telling his players that 3rd place is in our reach. We still have Chelsea to play at Goodison and that could be a MASSIVE game. We are well overdue a victory against them.

COYB!!! "

but if we win the uefa cup as well as finishing 4th then regardless we should be entered in the CL. seeing as apart from sevilla in 06 since 2000 most uefa cup winners, have been in the CL the year after.

I would so LMAO if Liverpool won the CL but we ended up pipping Chelsea for third - hell if we do end up in third and Liverpool makes the final I might actually root for them for once, just for the spectacle of watching Mount Abramovich explode when he sees that CL paycheck disappear. :lol:

but if we win the uefa cup as well as finishing 4th then regardless we should be entered in the CL.

Not the case sadly.

That's a thought JD....but I'd rather Liverpool missed out than Chelsea personally. Chelsea will crash and burn at some time in the future anyway, Liverpool could do with a little push :lol: .

Not the case sadly.

indeed but how much funnier would it be if there was a a 3rd set of criteria that allowed us to qualify.

to Qualify for CL

1) Finish 4th or higher

however 1 is beaten by

2) win the CL

but 2 is beaten by 3)

3) Win UC and finish 4th.

we'd go from joy to disaster to joy mixed in with comical heaven. if that was the case.

Well how about allowing luckypool entery into the champions league wherever they finish, 5th, 6th or even 7th.....and even if they don't win it this year!

It just wouldn't be fair to exclude them.After all other teams wont let them win the league championship....It's all just so unfair!