IGNORED

Champions League Place; 4th Might Not Be Enough

JohnDTraynor

just to repeat something I have said in a previous thread:

"Can't help but think though, why are we continuing to look behind us when Chelsea are only 5 points in front. It is far easier being the chasers rather than the chasees (?) and we should be looking onward and upward, not back to the likes of lowly Liverpool.

This is a massive club and we shouldn't "settle" for forth. I hope Moyes is telling his players that 3rd place is in our reach. We still have Chelsea to play at Goodison and that could be a MASSIVE game. We are well overdue a victory against them.

COYB!!! "

I would so LMAO if Liverpool won the CL but we ended up pipping Chelsea for third - hell if we do end up in third and Liverpool makes the final I might actually root for them for once, just for the spectacle of watching Mount Abramovich explode when he sees that CL paycheck disappear. :lol:

but if we win the uefa cup as well as finishing 4th then regardless we should be entered in the CL.

Not the case sadly.

That's a thought JD....but I'd rather Liverpool missed out than Chelsea personally. Chelsea will crash and burn at some time in the future anyway, Liverpool could do with a little push :lol: .

Not the case sadly.

indeed but how much funnier would it be if there was a a 3rd set of criteria that allowed us to qualify.

to Qualify for CL

1) Finish 4th or higher

however 1 is beaten by

2) win the CL

but 2 is beaten by 3)

3) Win UC and finish 4th.

we'd go from joy to disaster to joy mixed in with comical heaven. if that was the case.