IGNORED

Rodders Has Signed

Guest efctaxi

Guest efctaxi

OFFICIAL : New 5 year deal signed today according to Sky Sports .

Here's a non sky link :

http://www.football365.com/story/0,17033,8...4943676,00.html

Highly-rated Everton youngster Jack Rodwell has signed a new five-year contract at Goodison Park.

The 17-year-old midfielder, who scored his first senior goal in last weekend's FA Cup fifth-round win over Aston Villa, is now committed to the club until 2014.

A product of the club's Academy, Rodwell has made 13 appearances this season including seven starts.

Manager David Moyes, who handed Rodwell his debut last season, told the club's website, www.evertonfc.com: "When we get good young players, we want to sign them up and keep them here. That's always the way that we have gone about it.

"Jack has got a long way to go and it wasn't ideal that we had to pitch him in at the start of the season - we threw him in at the deep end.

"He played well in those games at times but we took him away from it for a while to give him a break and let him see what it's all about.

"But when he came back in against Liverpool he looked really good and he made a big contribution against Aston Villa. The signs from him were positive."

Edited by efctaxi

Nice and easy with the lad Mr Moyes!

The best is yet to come.If we can play other more senior players and win, whilst giving Rodwell a few chances to build up his experience slowly, then I'm all for that.

Saying that though, if any of the other lads don't perform, drop them and stick him in, God willing he will be luckier with injuries than Vaughan.

Guest brazil banks

This bodes well for the team in terms of signing up young talents. In a three to four years time we'll have probably lost a few players to age (Neville, Cahill, Saha, Yak, etc). Moyes is doing a grand job at constructing a youngish team that will have bonded over the last few years and be maturing at all the right levels. Providing we can keep hold of our key players our defence will be solid, the midfield will have the right mix of age/commanding prescence (Arteta) and youthful power (Felly). If Vaughan can temper his style slightly and find regular fitness and we can secure a class striker with age on his side (Jo?) then things are loking very good. And you can always trust Moyes to be bringing young talents through the academy.

I am this: Happy with our lot :D

(ps - Any thoughts on the chances of players like Cahill and Neville - players who display the spirit, passion, dignity and pride both on and off the pitch which to me embody a true Everton player - sticking around and getting involved with the training academy? I know Neville is a Devil and Cahill wants to end up in Oz but it would be nice to think their support of the club goes beyond the last contract. Discuss?

Guest efctaxi

Nev is a good captain and is bringing a lot of experience to the squad which will hopefully brush off .

Unfortunately though , he's not the sharpest knife in the drawer :lol:

But that was when he was at ManU where it's compulsory to check your brain into storage for the duration of your stay (just watch any Rio Ferdinand interview if you don't believe me).

It was re-installed by the noted surgeon Dr Ifthehatfitz in a mobile operating theatre while he made the trip along the East Lancs Road in 2005 :) .

He now has an IQ of 163 I understand, is a member of Mensa and lined up to be on the next series of Mastermind B) .

Guest efctaxi
But that was when he was at ManU where it's compulsory to check your brain into storage for the duration of your stay (just watch any Rio Ferdinand interview if you don't believe me).

It was re-installed by the noted surgeon Dr Ifthehatfitz in a mobile operating theatre while he made the trip along the East Lancs Road in 2005 :) .

He now has an IQ of 163 I understand, is a member of Mensa and lined up to be on the next series of Mastermind B) .

:P

neville.jpg