IGNORED

Saha ... Not That Good ?

There is not really much more to say he doesn't score enough goas he spends too much time injured and his contribution when he does play is poor.

You can throw is Man U goal record at me and him not taking wages when he was injured but who cares if he is not delivering get rid. Gosling has scored the same amount of goals and in my opinion offers more for the team.

There is not really much more to say he doesn't score enough goas he spends too much time injured and his contribution when he does play is poor.

You can throw is Man U goal record at me and him not taking wages when he was injured but who cares if he is not delivering get rid. Gosling has scored the same amount of goals and in my opinion offers more for the team.

Gosling = boy still learning his trade.

Saha = very experienced & high calibre.

I know who brings more to a team in my mind.

I don't understand how you judge him as high calibre he is a striker who scores a goal every 4 starts for everton he has only managed 16 games in a full season and as I stated before he doesn't conribute much to the team like a cahill. It was obvioulsy a gamble by moyes that hasn't paid off and when you say he has scored important goals. He has only scored in 3 separate games this season. I would argue cahill arteta jo yakubu gosling fellani have all scored more important goals than him.

I actually wonder what I must be missing for people to have such an inflated opinion of him

because he scored almost 1 in 2 at fulham and 1 in 3 at man utd. says it all really, the guys injury prone ok but he can score a goal out of the blue. against west ham for instance set up and scored 2 in 5 mins when we looked shocking. got us through in the middlesborough game. scored against fulham in the last minute. hes goals have meant more than goslings except the one against liverpool. he scored when were 2-0 in the last minute and when we was 2-0 down in the last minute. hes goin to be quality but saha has been there and done it.

Thats exactly it he has been there and done it and now he is passed it. he never looks fit.

I said at the begining about his previous goal record which means nothing now as he needs to do it for everton full time not part time. Would we not have been better investing the wages in a loan player with a prospect of a perm move like the Zaki situation at wigan.

Edited by Memmaclub

He came on a free. He's scored some important goals, without hi we would have been out of the FA Cup as he changed the Boro' game around when he came on. I'm not saying he is world class as I don't believe that, nor am I saying he is our most important attacking player which imnot, I would also agree that he is past his best. BUT he has put a few good shifts in for us this year. Only an idiot would say that signing Saha was a gamble that has not paid off. If he had done nothing all season then fair enough, but he has contributed to us this season.

He was defo a gamble and stop saying he scored important goals. Most players who scored goals this season have been important. I only compared him to gosling as an example of what little contribution he has had. My argument isn't that he has done nothing but that he hasn't done enough. Jo has done more for the team in his short time. I wouldn't keep him next season I would let him go on a free. I bet no prem team in the top 14 would take him.

He came on a free. He's scored some important goals, without hi we would have been out of the FA Cup as he changed the Boro' game around when he came on. I'm not saying he is world class as I don't believe that, nor am I saying he is our most important attacking player which imnot, I would also agree that he is past his best. BUT he has put a few good shifts in for us this year. Only an idiot would say that signing Saha was a gamble that has not paid off. If he had done nothing all season then fair enough, but he has contributed to us this season.

People suggest he is paid on a pay as play basis, he isn't, Moyes insisted he was here like anyone else. If we are to progress we need to get shut of dead wood, Saha is firmly in that category I'm afraid. His none display on Saturday left me speechless, he has to go and until he does he should be kept as a benccher only

People suggest he is paid on a pay as play basis, he isn't, Moyes insisted he was here like anyone else. If we are to progress we need to get shut of dead wood, Saha is firmly in that category I'm afraid. His none display on Saturday left me speechless, he has to go and until he does he should be kept as a benccher only

I'm not commenting whether or not he should stay or go this summer. I'm commenting on Memma's statement that he "was obvioulsy a gamble by moyes that hasn't paid off" . If he had done nothing all year then fair enough. But he came here for FREE. What's the big deal. I have not suggested that he is pay as you play as I know thats not true. I know we can do better but he has done his bit for us this year and its unfair to critise too much. Shall we get rid of Vaughn to? He's always injured and does not score many

He was defo a gamble and stop saying he scored important goals. Most players who scored goals this season have been important. I only compared him to gosling as an example of what little contribution he has had. My argument isn't that he has done nothing but that he hasn't done enough. Jo has done more for the team in his short time. I wouldn't keep him next season I would let him go on a free. I bet no prem team in the top 14 would take him.

Without his winner against boro we may have not got to the FA cup final (is that not important???)

My view - If all forwards were fit then he wouldn't be playing, however he's not rubbish remember Brett Angell? there was rubbish! (1 goal in 20). He's passed his best and still not match fit but at the moment he can still do a job for us.

i agree he hans't been very useful lately, but getting rid of a him would be very foolish.

He is a classplayer and i say IS because you can't just loose that. Also, he's cheap as hell and certainly with our budget, thats a big advantage.

If he can get a few games and a period without injurys, i think he will gain confidence, and hopefully rise to his best level next season.

i agree he hans't been very useful lately, but getting rid of a him would be very foolish.

He is a classplayer and i say IS because you can't just loose that. Also, he's cheap as hell and certainly with our budget, thats a big advantage.

If he can get a few games and a period without injurys, i think he will gain confidence, and hopefully rise to his best level next season.

Totally agree.. i mean where are we going to get a striker with the experiance, and quality that saha has/had, for as cheap as we have, came on a free and i dont expect his wages are breaking the bank

Thats exactly what peeps have been saying, and some still say about VD Meyde, forget what he did 5 years ago what is he doing today is what we should be concerned about, he does very little, and even when we had fellaini and cahill playing out of position Moyes would'nt dare play him because he is so prone to injury. (Dead wood)

Thats exactly what peeps have been saying, and some still say about VD Meyde, forget what he did 5 years ago what is he doing today is what we should be concerned about, he does very little, and even when we had fellaini and cahill playing out of position Moyes would'nt dare play him because of he is so prone to injury. (Dead wood)

So every player who doesn't play for a few games is dead wood,and we should have a squad of 16 players?

This is hypothetical: if a striker scores 12 goals in the first 20 games, then goes out with an injurie comes back and plays 5 or 6 crappy games, is he dead wood?

My point is that you can't wright players of based on a few games. Ok, Saha's whole season wasn't spectacular, but we all know what he's capable of when he's at his best,And i think we should give him a few more chances to try and get to that level.

Without his winner against boro we may have not got to the FA cup final (is that not important???)

My view - If all forwards were fit then he wouldn't be playing, however he's not rubbish remember Brett Angell? there was rubbish! (1 goal in 20). He's passed his best and still not match fit but at the moment he can still do a job for us.

I dont think anyone has put it better tbh, We are a injury hit squad with not many options he is past his best no doubt about it and he will never get back to that level but he is at this moment one of our options and he is far from shit class no but not shit either.

It all depends on if we have any money to spend in the summer if we do then get rid if not then keep him as we wont get much better for free and he will make a good sub if Yak and co get back to form.

So every player who doesn't play for a few games is dead wood,and we should have a squad of 16 players?

This is hypothetical: if a striker scores 12 goals in the first 20 games, then goes out with an injurie comes back and plays 5 or 6 crappy games, is he dead wood?

My point is that you can't wright players of based on a few games. Ok, Saha's whole season wasn't spectacular, but we all know what he's capable of when he's at his best,And i think we should give him a few more chances to try and get to that level.

Equally true is the fact that you can't keep players out of sentiment or past achievements, shit we'd never let anyone go. He is an experiment that has failed, his body can't take it any more, it hasn't for years what makes you think he will suddenly come good..............................he has to go or have you been happy with what he has turned out for weeks now, on Saturday he was inept at best, a shell of the player he once was, dead wood that needs throwing out

Guest efctaxi

I think the ' Saha is rubbish ' title is a little unfair .

He is no more rubbish than Michael Owen is for Newcastle , when we consider cost , and many would love Owen here .

He is a very gifted player , who is currently not at one with his game , but we have an opportunity to see what comes to fruition next season . Not all contracts have to be long term , and unaffordable .

When he plays well , he is worth having in the cupboard .

Edited the title for you Taxi. :snitch:

All the comments coming back about Saha in hope and anticipation have all been said about VD Meyde, when will peeps see past the performances of years gone by and wake up. Athletes get to a stage where they cant perform as they use to, Saha is in that category, we should not keep him purely on the basis that he might give us the odd cameo appearance and maybe score the odd goal.

Its already been said in other forums that we dont have a lot of money and we cant afford to carry passengers, if we have players here they should be ready to play at all times when called on.

The comparison between Saha and VDM is way off in my opinion. Saha has been competing for a place in the team this year, VDM has not, Saha has contributed to the team during his tenure at the club, VDM has not, Saha has had injury problems (which we all knew about whereas alot of VDM's problems have stemmed from his lifestyle and attitude.

Saha was never going to be a long term answer to our forward options, but he has come in on a free, has chipped in with some important goals. We know he is not going to be here forever and that we will be moving forward and with all the problems we have had with strikers this year we have been lucky to at least have the option of Saha. I have no problem with Saha, I think that he was a good signing last summer considering the financial situation the club was in. I don't think that he is a long term option for the club, nor do I think that he is world class (or ever was), but to be honest we don't have a single world class striker at the club, and for a player we picked up for nothing I really don't see the problem.

Edited the title for you Taxi. :snitch:

All the comments coming back about Saha in hope and anticipation have all been said about VD Meyde, when will peeps see past the performances of years gone by and wake up. Athletes get to a stage where they cant perform as they use to, Saha is in that category, we should not keep him purely on the basis that he might give us the odd cameo appearance and maybe score the odd goal.

Its already been said in other forums that we dont have a lot of money and we cant afford to carry passengers, if we have players here they should be ready to play at all times when called on.

that's a utopia. Every team has players that aren't doing good, no exception.

I felt absolutely nothing when we signed him because that's what he was; a nothing signing. We took a risk on him and to some degree it's worked because he's contributed to our success this season. That being said, he's clearly not good enough any more to be starting games for us, that's where the problem lies. He's looked pretty good coming off the bench and that's the only way he should be used from now on.

I still take issue with this important goals thing. For me it's about contribution across the season first point he has only managed 16 games this season that is not enough!!!

Second, Out of 16 games he has scored in 3 of them so his contribution has been in 3 games that for me is not enough.

We all moaned at Yak for being lazy but I don't see what saha does now as any different to what Yak was doing when we were moaning. The difference is after a few games yak started scoring regularly and even before he got injured this season he scored I think about 4 goals.

If you accept Saha is a cheap option who will only play a limited amount of games in a season then fine but my argument would then be we need atleast another 4 full time strikers.

If we did have another 4 full time strikers then my argument would be saha is an expensive luxury and also stopping players like lukas getting a go.

Well for me he has been worthwhile for the goals he has scored. I don't care. Everyone knows he is used best as a sub than a starter. No one expects him to be a long term player. Just for changing the boro game and helping along to get to the final then he has done his job. He is not going to be around for that long. I very much doubt he will be offered a new deal.

Guest efctaxi

We are going to need him for the final , or have we all forgotten .

If he scores the winning goal , some of the ones who want rid will be asking him to be placed into the hall of fame :lol:

We are going to need him for the final , or have we all forgotten .

If he scores the winning goal , some of the ones who want rid will be asking him to be placed into the hall of fame :lol:

Sorry taxi it cuts no ice wiith me mate, he shouldn't play in the final actually, bench at best, he can come on with five minutes to go, score the winner and I'd wish him farewell, he will never recapture what he lost years ago, EFC is a business, he doesn't fit the bill

I cometely aggree with Jimmy I would not play him in the final I would play cahill and fellani as they are the players that have been doing it all season.

I can't believe there have been threads about fellani and questioning him as a good signing but this is the first one I have seen questioning Saha.

I always thought moyes prefered young and hungry not old and knackered.