IGNORED

Jags Back In Training

If he gets back to the form of last year then (if there's any sanity in the world) he should be in.

Would be a quality outcome if he made it at Lescott's expense :) .

cant imagine that to be honest i think lescotts price will most likely get him in and also the fact he plays for city cos it seems to work for bridge...

If he gets back to the form of last year then (if there's any sanity in the world) he should be in.

Would be a quality outcome if he made it at Lescott's expense :) .

What a wicked, wonderfull world it would be!......first things first though, With a fully fit Jagielka and Arteta we can start looking higher!

Everton first......England second! Nationality Evertonian....Place of birth England :closedeyes:

This is great news. We are going to have so many different combinations that Moyes can play. I think a lot of the starting eleven when were healthy will depend on what other teams are playing. Does anyone ever see Everton running three defenders is a team is running something like a packed in defense?

Does anyone ever see Everton running three defenders is a team is running something like a packed in defense?

You mean 3-5-2? Something like...

Yobo.....Jags.....Distin

Heitinga.......Rodwell

Pienaar..........Arteta..........Bily

Saha.......Yakubu

I don't think he'd go for it personally, he'll just pick his best available center back pairing, but it looks OK on peper.

cant imagine that to be honest i think lescotts price will most likely get him in and also the fact he plays for city cos it seems to work for bridge...

I think Upson is readily accepted as being Capello's favoured left sided centre half as cover so i think there is a definate gap for a right sided centre half cover for Terry. The Jags or Cahill anyone?

Phil McNulty blogging on the potential squad on the beeb.

JOLEON LESCOTT: Manchester City's £24m defender has yet to show his best form since his acrimonious move from Everton. Has at times looked over-awed when playing for England, a sharp contrast to the assured performances that earned him such a glowing reputation at Everton.

Under threat from players such as Cahill, and perhaps from his former Everton team-mate Phil Jagielka once he returns to fitness. In danger of slipping down the pecking order.

Verdict: In danger of missing out.

Among his outsiders...

PHIL JAGIELKA: Was in magnificent form for Everton when he sustained a serious knee injury that caused him to miss the FA Cup Final. An outstanding defender who is admired by Capello and has just returned to training with Everton.

If he can recapture last season's form on his return could be a surprise outsider.

Verdict: Outside chance if he can recapture form and fitness.

JACK RODWELL: Plenty of good judges, David Pleat included, feel Everton's gifted teenager is the one big outsider who could make a late bid for World Cup inclusion. An England player of the future, Rodwell still does not influence games enough (hardly a surprise given his tender years) and has yet to show he can make the killer contribution.

Verdict: Too soon but his time will come.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/blogs/philmcnulty/2009/10/capellos_world_cup_contenders.html

A very fair appraisal.

I thought so too. He mentioned also Bridge probably going because..

"...there is a shortage of left-backs pushing to take his position. If one emerges, he will be in danger."

As likely to be Leighton as anyone. He's been called up once so Capello knows what he can do...if we get on a solid run defensively once Jags gets back you never know. Fairly long shot though.

Was nice having a big presence in '70 & '86. Not a chance of those levels (unless you count all participating countries in which case we'll probably have as many there as we ever have).

Henry Winter in the Telegraph reckons Jags will go.

Rodders no chance and barely a mention of Lescott :huh: .

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/international/england/6340519/Peter-Crouch-and-Michael-Owen-will-be-Fabio-Capellos-major-World-Cup-casualties.html

All of these "fantasy" squads are assuming everyone's fit for selection though, which ain't gonna be the case;, it never is :) .

I just want Jags to come back and get fit first for Everton. Even though I am an American I still love to see our Toffee's at the international level. I can't wait to see Jack playing for England. I would love to see Arteta come back and play great and maybe get a nod to the Spain squad but that is a very long shot. Would need great performances and some injuries to take place to others most likely.