IGNORED

Distin And Yobo This Season?

Haven't been the slightest bit impressed with either of them lately. Personally after tonight I would like to see more of Hibbo in at centre back, I thought he was brilliant tonight (apart from the penalty which was unlucky). Lucas Neill did reasonably well tonight, but Hibbo and Coleman were definately the stand-out defenders. When Jagielka comes back, it would be nice to see either Hibbert or Neill partnering him in defence.

As well I've said it before and I'll say it again, I think Heitinga and Jagielka in central defending roles (once Pip is back and playing the DM role) would be immense B)

Haven't been the slightest bit impressed with either of them lately. Personally after tonight I would like to see more of Hibbo in at centre back, I thought he was brilliant tonight (apart from the penalty which was unlucky). Lucas Neill did reasonably well tonight, but Hibbo and Coleman were definately the stand-out defenders. When Jagielka comes back, it would be nice to see either Hibbert or Neill partnering him in defence.

As well I've said it before and I'll say it again, I think Heitinga and Jagielka in central defending roles (once Pip is back and playing the DM role) would be immense B)

Have to disagree with you, Hibbo has done brilliantly as a stand in CB but that is all he is its definitely not his position as I think we will see when we go to Chelsea next week, the thought og him facing Anelka/Drogba is making me break out in a cold sweat already.

I also didnt think Neill did any better than Yobo or Distan last night his marking on corners was criminal and not just for the 2nd goal either

Personally I think it will be Jags and Distan/Heitinga( only because Distan is a natural left footer and would give us more balance), I dont agree with the fella who says Johnny H picks up silly bookings either, he has only been booked 5 times all season and that isnt that bad considering he has been playing as a DM

Coleman was fantastic last night and lets hope he can keep it up but I dont think we should be expecting too much from him after a couple of good performances

I think hibbert has been good at centre back, but most of us thought he was a solid defender (minus the fa cup final!) anyway. it was just the attacting side that a full back must have these days that lets hime down. With someone good in the air in front of him protecting the back four (fellie yesterday like i thought he would be!) he can concentrate on defending with his feet which he is very strong at.

i really hope that jags and yobo are our first choice CB come january, and with seamus and hibbo fighting out for right back, i think it will save davey a few pennies in that position! One game doesnt make a player i know, but i have a good feeling about him

Yobo and Distin doesn't work (neither will put their life on the line e.g throw themselves in front of a drogba strike) - Yobo and Lescott didn't realy work in my opinion (same reason) - we need Jags in there, although Heitinga and Distin didn't look too bad (Jags/Heit will run through walls for the cause). I'd imagine Jags and Distin would work with Johnny at rb (but I'd love Seamus to make that position his own). Jags and Heitinga at CB would be full of heart and passion but a little bit short against your ariel teams. So Heitinga...Jags...Distin...Baines would be our strongest defence I would imagine.