IGNORED

Musical nostalgia

johnh

When my Dad did broadcasting with his sextet in the late 1940's they were recorded on old 78 records. A few years ago I had them transferred to CD's. A mate of mine has just uploaded them to You tube.

If anyone is interested, go into You tube and key in charles henesy sextet. It plays for about 30 minutes and shows various scenes of Liverpool as it goes through. Dad did the arrangements on all the numbers and plays the accordion throughout. There is just one problem. There were a couple of rogue numbers got on from a different band which would have been awkward to delete, so we left them on. They are Loch Lomond and the one with the male singer. The You tube narrative says they are all from Music While You Work but they are in fact from several programmes also including Fanfare and Workers Playtime. A photo of Dad appears near the end. The Ocean Club in Liverpool gets a mention.

Nice one John, I'm going to show that to my Dad, he's 81 this year he was a docker a lot of his life he'll like the photos.

Pad, I'm not 81 until next year! Your Dad might be interested in this little story. In 1983 I had to visit the Mersey Docks and Harbour Board offices at the Pier Head. My company were doing a deal to buy all their lift trucks and similar equipment and lease them back. I was doing all the finance side but we had a couple of engineers with us who need to look at the equipment. There was a dock strike on at the time and I said to the Mersey Docks management that I didn't think we would be able to look at the equipment because of the pickets. They all burst out laughing and said there's no need for pickets, its one out all out. So we were able to walk round the docks at our leisure! Give my best wishes to your Dad.

Pad, I'm not 81 until next year! Your Dad might be interested in this little story. In 1983 I had to visit the Mersey Docks and Harbour Board offices at the Pier Head. My company were doing a deal to buy all their lift trucks and similar equipment and lease them back. I was doing all the finance side but we had a couple of engineers with us who need to look at the equipment. There was a dock strike on at the time and I said to the Mersey Docks management that I didn't think we would be able to look at the equipment because of the pickets. They all burst out laughing and said there's no need for pickets, its one out all out. So we were able to walk round the docks at our leisure! Give my best wishes to your Dad.

Thanks John we had a pm exchange about your octagarian status a while back.

Good to see you still in good health friend.