IGNORED

Bertolacci

36 minutes ago, Haiku said:

What the hell? I don't fancy this. Another fringe player we will be looking to rid in 12 months.

Talented players who became "Fringe players" who lost their way and rediscovered it....

Pienaar

Arteta

Salah

Zaha

De bruyne

And so on..... low risk high reward as above.  It may not work out but there is very little to lose versus signing a bolassie, klassen.... £20m plus. 

Ok, I don't know him well and he might come decent, but he won't set the world on fire, that's for sure. I have high expectations from our board. In order to improve we should sign high profile established players or if we can't afford those, then I expect Brands to look for young talents with potential to become top class for Everton. Bertolacci doesn't fit neither criteria for me. This guy will only hinder Davies progress if nothing else.

No-one is expecting. And there is definitely a big risk involved, but the money is rather meagre (5 or so million pound transfer + 40kpw). He looks like the type of player we don't really have right now which probably explains the interest. We don't really have a ball-carrier in central midfield at the moment, Davies needs to improve his technique to turn into one but since Barkley left we haven't had anyone who can do those penetrating runs.