IGNORED

Valente

Blue4Ever

Nuno Valente has reaffirmed his commitment to Everton, having spoken of a desire to sign a new deal on Merseyside.

The Portugal international's time at Goodison Park has been hampered by injury but when he has been fit to play, his class has shone through.

Valente is currently nursing a sprained knee on the sidelines and while contract talks are in the back of his mind, his immediate concern is helping Everton up the Premiership table.

"I have said before and will say again that I want to stay at Everton," he told the club's official website.

"If a new contract is put in front of me, I will sign it without thinking twice. I am very happy here and want to stay, 100 per cent.

"My team-mates, the manager and the fans have all made me feel welcome.

"But for the time being, the contract is not the most important thing. What I want to do is help Everton get into Europe again.

"I want to help make the people here really happy. I just want to play football and am desperate to get fit again."

The former Porto left-back, who joined Everton in 2005, believes there is still plenty to play for, despite the fact David Moyes' side have been somewhat inconsistent in the league and are out of both domestic cup competitions.

"We know we have had some bad results recently," he added.

"The FA Cup was particularly disappointing and it is a game that we are all trying to forget. It was a poor experience for everyone. We all wanted to go far.

"But there is still a lot left to play for. We are only a place away from the top six and we still believe that we can finish among that group. Our main aim is to get into Europe and I am sure that we can achieve the objective."

What do yas rekon i personally hope we sell naysmith and keep this lad he has been alrite lately and if we sell him we mite just see the return of pistone :unsure: and all the leftback trouble we have had in the past.

Edited by Blue4Ever

We should be ripping his hand off to get a signature. Valente, in the true sense of the word, is a world class player. Unfortunately, he has not had a brilliant run of form through injury, but then, that is not his fault I guess.

I just hope that DM forces the club to get that signature, and we do not drag our heals.

Its a positive sign when you have players actively wanting to stay at the club.

:)

Let's Get Gabriel Meanz Beanz 5 Mill - Oh no we refuse to pay wages..>Damn @ 24 what an addition he would be in view to the now & future of a youthfull defence.

Hibbert - Yobo - Lescott - Heinze.. = Coooor.....!!!

Good shout Pat, I heard Spurs sniffing about, worth a go!