IGNORED

Gonzalez Or Manny?

4pi

Me personally would have manny due to his prem experience, i know he didnt play many games. but i think it was enough to show case his skills.

plus at his age moyes could mould him into the type of player he likes who will do everything in the midfield. (not jus moments of brilliance) if he'd played more i think we would have seen the best of him!

I think Gonzalez is a risk but i'm no doubting his ability! and wouldnt be dissapointed if we signed him!!

for me manny impressed and took the strain off arteta right at the end of season. plus with manny considering his age and talent we could have a player for years and who's price would keep rising and if it came down to it there would be more of a chance making profit or gettin are money back than what we've payed out.

I've not really seen Gonzalez in action, so can't really comment.

All I would say is that both players would (judging by Manny last year and press info about gonzalez) ease the burden on Arteta. this would be a good thing, as if he gets a big injury we really would struggle to replace him.

Whether both are realistic targets though remains to be seen

i thought manny shown undoubted quality but did go missing in games. he is young though so moyes could turn him into a diamond. but by all accounts 'lucho' already is, he has had touchin 40 caps in the central midfield role for arguably one of the best national teams around. and he is still only 26, so i would plump for lucho

Difficult without seeing Lucho in the prem but Manny seemed to cope alright in the few games he played and he didnt really have time to adapt so Manny for me:

*cheaper (reckon 10mill would get him, Lucho 13.5mill I heard)

*younger

*Something tells me an Argentian could be trouble (a blanket statement I know but just a gut feeling) wheras Manny seemed to fit in ok with the group.

*If you're good enuf, I think it's just about acceptable to have quiet moments in a game like Manny was known for although i'm sure that wouldnt last too long under DM.

*Would expect he'd have lower wage demands.

Something tells me we're working on (and have been for a while) on a loan for MF with a figure agreed to buy after a year (ala Yobo).

I'd be absolutely optimistic for some kind of success if we could get him plus a quality striker - another loan would even be ok.

Manny if the 8 mil price tag is true. I think if we get him on a performance based fee he could turn out to be as important as Arteta. I get the impression from moyes that he doesn't take kindly to individuals and egos and although it looks like manny could have been that sort of character Moyes obviously thinks he can get it out of him while still keeping the team spirit.

COME ON DAVEY MANNY AND YAK LETS GO FOR THE DOUBLE!!!!!