IGNORED

Knighthood For Howard Kendall?

Louis

Does Kendall deserve a knighthood?  

7 members have voted

1. 1. Does Kendall deserve a knighthood?

• Yes
    • No

What are everyone's opinion on this petition?

http://petitions.pm.gov.uk/KnightKendall/

No chance at all.....he'd have needed domestic and European silverware over ten plus years. Only Ferguson has got one, apart from Alf Ramsay (possibly more but none spring to mind)...there's people ahead of him in the line if HMQ starts waving her sword at footie managers.

i find it strange that knighthood can come to a sportsman.

once upon a time it was the biggest honour you could achieve to be knighted by the queen. i think these things get thrown around a little easy for my liking. there are much more deserving people who should be honoured, not necessarily knighted but obe and mbe maybe.

once upon a time it was the biggest honour you could achieve to be knighted by the queen. i think these things get thrown around a little easy for my liking. there are much more deserving people who should be honoured, not necessarily knighted but obe and mbe maybe.

Once (and still) they're perks for top ranking civil servants, minor gentry and upper class pricks, unearned and undeserved. Far happier when they to go to popular heroes (Steve Redgrave for example) than faceless bureauocrats and royal lackies.

Also don't particularly like the "Empire" reference in the M/O/CBE, although as my great grandfather got an OBE I can live with it :D !

From a personal perspective I'd give HK a knighthood (a sainthood even :lol: ) for the times he gave me but realistically he ain't gonna get one. Surprised he hasn't got a minor gong already though.

Edited by MikeO

id much rather see the honours given to our military to be honest. im not gunna go off on a war rant, but if its for people that have contributed to britain, the lads and lasses fighting and dieing for britain deserve it more than sports stars imo

Wouldn't disagree but I think civilian and military honours are completely separate things.

Edited by MikeO