IGNORED

Club Shop Question

Louis

If the official club shop sold some of the following international shirts.

England - Lescott, Neville, Johnson

Denmark - Gravesen (away of course.. we can't wear red!)

Nigeria - Yobo, Yakubu, Anichebe (he's being called up for an under 23 tournament soon)

Would you ever be tempted to buy one?

If the official club shop sold some of the following international shirts.

England - Lescott, Neville, Johnson

Denmark - Gravesen (away of course.. we can't wear red!)

Nigeria - Yobo, Yakubu, Anichebe (he's being called up for an under 23 tournament soon)

Would you ever be tempted to buy one?

Yer, but numbers change to much like in frendlys etc so its a bit annoying, so im undecided

Are they Umbro Louis?

Might be some clause or secret handshake that doesnt allow us to stock the competitors gear? ( Adidas, Nike etc) Wouldnt be a 1 st.

As if not, i rekon's would sell a few ->

Cahill - Australia ( Nike ) ( theyre quite nice 2) Or even ->

Howard - USA ( Nike)

Pienaar - Sth AFrica ( Adidas)

Valente - Portugal (Nike)

Wonder if one was to purchase a Dutch Shirt wif the name " Pissed " on the back, people would get it :)

I don't think a white person can get away with wearing a Nigeria shirt.. It seems a bit like Max (from Max and Paddy) wearing a Pakistan Cricket shirt..

Pat.. looks like we'd be a lot better off if Nike manufactured our kit ;) Pat, if there is a secret handshake it begs the question why arn't we selling England shirts?

On the England shirts, I personally doubt the club could match the buying power of big retailers ( + they are avail most places - Can get in every sports store/retailer in Oz even) & then would have turn over a shed load of to turn a buck. Though Nothing would suprise when talking about our marketing Guru's . All credit on the pink shirts, though that was chance more than a masterstroke.

My gal works in the Admin side for a Giant International retailer & those arent such secret handshakes, but common clauses i.e in modern buz arrangemnts, espec when comes to brand exclusivity they call them merchandise partnerships, i call it gun to the head stuff.

Wouldnt suprise me @ all if was case.

Diff track same methodology, my the inlaws own & run a caf/chippy type takeawy & the fridges thay have are courtesy of Coca Cola, & they must have @ all times the fridges stocked with 80% of Coca Cola products or risk losing the friges. I no Pauls & Peters Ice creams & Cadburry schwepeps do exactly the same thing.

Nike have bought Umbro so it could mean we start seeing Nike products in our store.. ;)

It'd make sense if they changed our manufacturer to Nike for next season as seemingly all the other major derby games are Nike vs Adidas.

Inter Milan (NIke) vs MILAN (adidas)

Boca Jrs. (Nike) vs. River Plate (adidas)

Barcelona or Atletico Madrid (nike) vs. Real Madrid (adidas)

Porto Fc (nike) vs. Benfica (adidas)

Borussia D. (nike) vs. Bayern Munich (adidas)

Flamengo (nike) vs. Fluminense (adidas)

PSG (nike) vs. Olympique M. (adidas)

PSV (nike) vs. Ajax (adidas)

Brazil (nike) vs. Argentina (adidas)

Portugal (nike) vs. Spain (adidas)

London derby….Arsenal (nike) vs. Chelsea (adidas)

England Rugby (nike) vs. All Blacks (adidas)

• 2 weeks later...

Having a browse through some of the threads I missed while I was away and found this. I was in Greece just after they won the Euro Champs and bought a (copy...but a good one) Greece shirt with Charisteas on the back....souvenier. It'll stay in the wardrobe this week :unsure: .