IGNORED

£4.5m For Michael Bradley

Heerenveen wanted 4.5 in the window, we wouldn't pay that b/c he only had 18 months left, in the summer it'll be 12, he wants to go, and Heerenveen know that so they'll want to get something, but won't be 4.5, maybe 2.5 or 3.

As I've said before I'd certainly welcome him into the side, I think he'd link up really well with Pienaar, Manny and Arteta while giving our defense that layer of protection.

A number of American outfield players have moved to Germany with some success though and I can see him maybe doing that before stepping up to England, Italy or Spain.

He seems to be a bit of an Arshavin; getting a bit of hype without perhaps too many people having seen him play. But hell, if the lad is holding down a regular spot in a Dutch side then I say go for him.

I'd imagine the majority of our team and reserves could do that... Dutch football isn't a touch on the prem - i'm not taking anything away from the lad - he's young and first-team for a top 4 dutch side but it's a totally different league.

I'd imagine VDM would star in most dutch teams.

I really think anything over 2 mil is too much especially since he will only have 12 months on his contract. I've seen him a couple times and his finishing quality is no better than Carsley's atm (don't let his goal tally fool you). He is a fairly decent defensive midfielder though.

If we consider ourselves a top 4 team I wouldn't sign him.