IGNORED

Avram Grant

please could someone tell me why chelsea/the fans/the media are so keen on getting rid of him?

I've just had a quick look at the following overall records on soccerbase. as far as I know it includes all games under each manager (league, cups, europe) but I'm looking purely from an overall basis. of course, the longer track records should carry more weight and trophies are the most important thing, but anyway I think it's a bit harsh. sure, he's dull (just like gordon brown), but I reckon the players are just being twats being so hard on him in public.

-------------Matches---Won---------Drew-------Lost

Ranieri-----199--------53.8%------23.1%------23.1%

Mourhino---185--------67.0%------21.6%------11.4%

Grant-------47----------68.1%-----21.3%------10.6%

Benitez-----233--------56.2%------20.6%------23.2%

Wenger-----669--------57.1%------25.3%------17.6%

Ferguson----1203------58.1%------23.6%------18.3%

Edited by Raccyboy

heard a this thing yesterday, sort of makes sence...

Sky moved tonights game as they want united to win the title. This would more than likely spell the end for grant therefor creating headlines for sky to cover, this would be another twist for chelsea this season (who will they hire, are chelsea falling apart, 3 managers in a space of a year, will roman stop bumming shevva?), not only that but if united where to win it then 10 titles for fergie, thus creating even more storiess for sky to cover.

Makes sence but still....

heard a this thing yesterday, sort of makes sence...

Sky moved tonights game as they want united to win the title. This would more than likely spell the end for grant therefor creating headlines for sky to cover, this would be another twist for chelsea this season (who will they hire, are chelsea falling apart, 3 managers in a space of a year, will roman stop bumming shevva?), not only that but if united where to win it then 10 titles for fergie, thus creating even more storiess for sky to cover.

Makes sence but still....

....and the moon's made of cheese.

• 4 weeks later...

Whoa. If the FA jumped on Moyes for merely criticising Clattenburg's performance after the Liverpool game, you can bet they're not going to be happy with Grant. It sounds like he's practically accusing Steve Bennett of fixing the ManU-Wigan game.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/main.jhtm...5/sfnche115.xml

If Grant comes back next season, it will be interesting to see how long it takes for Chelsea to be awarded their first penalty, after that broadside. :lol:

I can't stand Grant, miserable bastard, i think that Henk Ten Cate has played a big role in improving chelsea to be honest. Mourinho could have got them to the CL final, you never know though, i think that possibly chelsea were allowed to play without as much pressure in europe as the expectation around them had gone.

Miserable sod but I still hope he wins tonight because Ferguson is the most obnoxious prick in the country (after Joey Barton).

My only interest in the game is in how many points my fantasy team gets.....first time I've done the European one and I'm having a blinder :) .

I've already got van der Saar, A Cole, Evra, Brown, J Cole, Ballack & Drogba and three transfers left to bring in Ronaldo and two others....undecided who yet. Any brilliant ideas?

then why couldnt mourinho take Chelsea to a CL final? yet grant has done?

because he didn't, whats your point, you can't say that unless both manage the same club the same year, mourinho did win the competition with porto...more impressive.

besides chelsea were robbed against liverpool one year, things could have been very different.

mike id go for rooney and carrick.

Rooney's a bit pricy, I'd be seriously limited on my midfield choice if I went for him....Tevez is £1.9m cheaper so I'll probably go for him (if he's in the starting XI) and then I can afford anyone I want in mid (bar Lampard). Leaning toward Scholes although I may go for a long shot....Malouda or Park possibly.

Miserable sod but I still hope he wins tonight because Ferguson is the most obnoxious prick in the country (after Joey Barton).

My only interest in the game is in how many points my fantasy team gets.....first time I've done the European one and I'm having a blinder :) .

I've already got van der Saar, A Cole, Evra, Brown, J Cole, Ballack & Drogba and three transfers left to bring in Ronaldo and two others....undecided who yet. Any brilliant ideas?

might wanna get rid of ashley cole, not sure if he'll be fit, he got pole axed in a rather humerous incident with makelele in training yesterday, i loved it, hate cole, love makelele...legend.

Rooney's a bit pricy, I'd be seriously limited on my midfield choice if I went for him....Tevez is £1.9m cheaper so I'll probably go for him (if he's in the starting XI) and then I can afford anyone I want in mid (bar Lampard). Leaning toward Scholes although I may go for a long shot....Malouda or Park possibly.

I'd go for Park mate

anyone see the claude challenge? was a beaut.

i can't wait for tonight, i'll be in the pub chearin on chels as per usual, come on you blues.

Saw it on SSN eariler today, was genius, especially because Ashley Cole is such a twit.

I don't mind hugely who wins, id like man u to win because we will get some money out of the rooney deal then, also though one of my best friends is a chelsea fan (pre-glory days and everything) so have always had a slight soft spot for them. Just hope its a good game and not like the shite fa cup final last year, or another same country cl final like Milan v Juve a few years back, christ that was a dull game.