IGNORED

Arsenal. (away)

Bill

fernandes and yobo very strong once again, pienarr shown abit of him old self in the second half also

as much as we improoved are game I felt most the times we gave the ball away it was very cheaply especialy the full backs who were defencivly good but once they got into the last 3rd never made the right decision.

thank god for wigan

and if we produce that form again we are well worthy of a point vs newcastle and were in business

if not... get your west ham shirts out!

Same old story against the "big" four teams....with the exception of the home game against Arsenal (which we certainly didn't deserve to lose 4-1) and the draw at Chelski every single game (including two Carling cup games) have been lost by the odd goal....all 1-0 or 2-1.

Close but no cigar, although a big step up from the damage limitation we used to expect. Need to start winning a few next season.

Opposite problem from last season. Last year we held our own against the big spenders (2 wins, 3 losses, 3 draws), but we dropped a boatload of points against the bottom-half teams. In particular, 3 points out of six games against Villa, City, and Boro really killed us (not to mention disappointing draws against Charlton, Sheffield, Wigan, and Newcastle). This year we pretty much dominated the bottom half of the league, at least until the last few weeks, but we couldn't catch a break against the money boys to save our lives.

Now if we put the two parts together next year - hold our own against the big guns and dominate the rest - we'll be talking Champions' League. Hell, if we had just duplicated last year's results against those four teams we'd be sitting in fourth place right now, with 70 points to Liverpool's 68.

Edited by JD in DC

We matched Arsenal today in many departments, under strength Arsenal team!....they don't do under strength teams!We were without Arteta, Cahill and Vaughan and have a smaller squad.

We had one cleared off the line, an AJ shot was well saved by the goalkeepers foot.

Problem for me is Newcastle next week could give us a harder game than Arsenal did today :o

....Problem for me is Newcastle next week could give us a harder game than Arsenal did today :o

That is what i am worried about too......NC seems to ride high and low....lets hope they are low when they play with us.

Do or Die mission...we need at least a point to be safe!

The team played very well, for me it was the best performance Manuel has made in a blue jersey this season. More of the same infront of the home crowd next week and I'm confident we will rap up the point we need for Uefa Cup football. Our defence has been rock solid all season just one more clean sheet from Howard and company and we can start planning for another season with added revenue.