IGNORED

Arsenal. (away)

Bill

Agree with you. As i stated in another topic. Arsenal can play without pressure on them, which i think played a large part in there downfall this season (young players not having the experience to handle the pressure), they can now play with more freedom and actually "enjoy" there football. Also we will see peeople like Van Persie trying to get the most out of his last games before the Euro's. Got to side with Licker, think this could be a painful game.

Well if you can all cast your minds back to the glorious season when we finished 4th this happened. We went on a shit run at the end of the season and got a 7-0 thumping by Arsenal.

Well that could happen this time maybe not as worse as 7-0 but something in the region of that. A draw would be happily taken against these.

Arsenal are not the team they were three years ago and neither are we, teams that day..

Arsenal: Lehmann, Lauren, Campbell, Senderos, Cole, Pires (Fabregas 64), Vieira (Flamini 45), Edu, Reyes, Bergkamp, Van Persie (Henry 45).

Everton: Wright, Hibbert, Weir, Yobo, Pistone, Carsley, McFadden, Watson, Arteta (Ferguson 75), Kilbane, Beattie (Bent 45).

....lambs to the slaughter :( .

We'll still in all probability lose but it's not a forgone conclusion imo. Draw's not out of the question.

Apparently....

Arsenal boss Arsene Wenger will play many for his kids against Everton tomorrow.

Wenger will continue to experiment with youngsters such as Lukasz Fabianski, Nicklas Bendtner and Denilson against Everton as their season draws to a trophyless conclusion.

"I want to see them in a competitive area. We have a big game on Sunday. They go for something, we go for something. I want to see them again," said Wenger.

.....worrying. Our record against Arsenal's reserves is worse than our record against their first team :unsure: .

Apparently....

Arsenal boss Arsene Wenger will play many for his kids against Everton tomorrow.

Wenger will continue to experiment with youngsters such as Lukasz Fabianski, Nicklas Bendtner and Denilson against Everton as their season draws to a trophyless conclusion.

"I want to see them in a competitive area. We have a big game on Sunday. They go for something, we go for something. I want to see them again," said Wenger.

.....worrying. Our record against Arsenal's reserves is worse than our record against their first team :unsure: .

The worst thing we can do is trot out a midfield that includes any combination of Carsley, Neville, and Jagielka. God forbid they go against a team that can play it on the ground <_<

2-0 Gunners, we come away with a frustrated Yak due to poor service and a yellow to Neville and Carsley. I hope I'm wrong though. I mean, if Neville can score 2 in one season, I guess anything is possible! :lol:

COYB!

My team

Howard

Hibbert...Jags...Gardner...Yobo...Lescott...Valente

Nev...Cars...Baines

Yak

Subs: Wessels, Rodwell, Gosling, Chebe, AJ

Tactics - long ball - yak hold up ball - drop deep - ultra defensive!!!

That'll get us the point we need!!! Maybe!!!

Or could we play with 2 goalies?!

Now is the time for Davy Moyes to PROVE hes worthy of managing a annual top 5 side. Since the defeat to Fiorentina, Moyes managerial credentials have to come into question. 4th place in the premiership was still very much up for grabs and until the last 3 or 4 weeks still was. However it seems Davy just couldnt motivate these players, and you have to say, that motivation is indeed a major part of his job. I understand that there have been injuries and suspensions etc etc, but again, a good manager plans in advance for this, and ultimately gets over it. The defeat to a dreadful Fulham side, The conceding of a late equaliser against an equally dreadful Birmingham City side. The inability to close out a home game with 4 minutes left against Villa. These results among others just leave a bad taste in the mouth. If we get something at Arsenal, and thats a big if, I will applaud Moyes for what has in general been a good season. But if we walk away from this season with nothing to show for our efforts, serious questions should be asked of Moyes and indeed Kenwright and the board. A bigger transfer kitty must be found to compete with the shite, Arsenal, Chelsea and Manu. The UEFA cup run and 5th place prize money, along with TV revenue, excellent home attendances, and the £5 McFadden money, should give Moyes a reasonable pot this summer. Plus there should be a clear out of some really under performing players. Andrew Johnson, Andy Van Der Meyde, Tony Hibbert, Nuno Valente. Get rid of these four, and bring in at least seven. Splash out £9m and get Crouch. Im not a subsciber to the "dont sign Liverpool players" brigade. Remember Morrissey, Sheedy, Harper and Beardsley? So all in all, I think its time for you Mr Moyes to show your mettle, and see if you really can cut it with the big boys!

Yak dropped for Hibbert :o .

Arsenal

21 Fabianski

05 Toure

10 Gallas

17 Song Billong

22 Clichy

27 Eboue

19 Silva

15 Denilson

32 Walcott

25 Adebayor

26 Bendtner

Substitutes

01 Lehmann, 06 Senderos, 20 Djourou, 30 Traore, 34 Gibbs

Everton

24 Howard

02 Hibbert

04 Yobo

16 Jagielka

05 Lescott

20 Pienaar

18 Neville

26 Carsley

23 Fernandes

21 Osman

08 Johnson

Substitutes

33 Wessels, 03 Baines, 22 Yakubu, 28 Anichebe, 37 Rodwell

We deserved a point from this game. The pressure is on even more now and the Newscastle game is a must win game!

We need a big finish to the season and end on a high.

I think everyone just wants this season to end I know I want it to. This game was evidence that we need better players next season.

We deserved a point from this game. The pressure is on even more now and the Newscastle game is a must win game!

We need a big finish to the season and end on a high.

I think everyone just wants this season to end I know I want it to. This game was evidence that we need better players next season.

No, it's not. It's a must take something from game.

Same old story against the "big" four teams....with the exception of the home game against Arsenal (which we certainly didn't deserve to lose 4-1) and the draw at Chelski every single game (including two Carling cup games) have been lost by the odd goal....all 1-0 or 2-1.

Close but no cigar, although a big step up from the damage limitation we used to expect. Need to start winning a few next season.

i'm just out of the coma when sky thing came up and said we HAD 55% possesion VS ARSENAL! :o

annoying that was, we played it so well and neither team looked like they could score.

seems not only can we not get pens we cant even get indirect free kicks! we'll get one vs newcastle the fa wont allow it otherwise people will start sniffing around why we didnt have a pen and they wont like that.

lets hope they keep with the football on the deck. because it was most impressive