IGNORED

Foreign Travel

MikeO

Far be it from me to question the moral fibre ( :lol: ) or otherwise of people on here but have you noticed that when Wooney asked for info on Amsterdam he got snowed under with replies but when Zed asked about Tuscanny he got one response!!

Art, culture and refinement against sex and drugs (with optional art and culture) and what do we all know about? Shame on you!! (And me, if the wife hadn't been there :( )

So this is a long shot, but we're in the south of France (med side, just by the Spanish border) for sixteen days in August. Got two weeks arranged but need two days cheap(ish) hotel somewhere interesting within 200km or so...anyone got any clues?

Far be it from me to question the moral fibre ( :lol: ) or otherwise of people on here but have you noticed that when Wooney asked for info on Amsterdam he got snowed under with replies but when Zed asked about Tuscanny he got one response!!

Art, culture and refinement against sex and drugs (with optional art and culture) and what do we all know about? Shame on you!! (And me, if the wife hadn't been there :( )

So this is a long shot, but we're in the south of France (med side, just by the Spanish border) for sixteen days in August. Got two weeks arranged but need two days cheap(ish) hotel somewhere interesting within 200km or so...anyone got any clues?

Book an easyjet and spend it in the 'dam you will be bored with the sun after 14 days :D

Yes, spot on mike. Im sure if you were off to Prague you would have had plenty of responses.

Is Barcelona within 200Km? well worth a 2 day visit, and I think you boy would like it also. From street entertainment on Las Ramblas to a cable car up Mount Juic and the glorious Magic fountain Shopping and mysterious walks through the gothic area.

Yeah it's a tough one that Zed...we need to be back in Toulouse for 6.00pm on the second day so although it is within range (179km) it's in the wrong direction really, cos it's then 330km back over the border. Also my wife's a bit freaked by the level of street crime (my brother and his family were robbed there recently and had to queue at the police station for hours cos it seems that every other tourist in the city had been robbed as well) but I may well leave her on the beach and go down for a day with or without my son. I'd love to see it.

Nice idea Mac but you must have nodded off in the relevant geography class...it's actually more than 450km, thanks for the idea anyway. I've booked a hotel in Tarascon-sur-Ariege now...bit of mountain air and some impressive cave paintings apparently....God I'm cultured!! (All together now...Agadoo doo doo) :lol:

Edited by mikeo