IGNORED

Diego Milito

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If we can get him for 8 Then id defiantly sell jonson an we would have 2 mill change an a better player. Yer he's older an we will prob only get about 2 years but he's a class player an hopefully will pay us back by gettin us in cl next season.

But we were talking about him in terms of a 12-month loan, not an outright purchase. The question is really whether he and his agent would be interested in doing that kind of deal. On the other hand, I read the article and Genoa's concern was actually with his salary, not with the transfer fee, and even in a loan deal I assume we'd still be paying his salary. That COULD be a problem, depending on what he makes - I don't have that information.

• 3 weeks later...

If he was going to be the replacment for Johnson, it looks like we have lost him .........

"Tottenham hotspur are confident of signing Diego Milito for £8m after the departure of Robbie Keane to Liverpool".

(Sky Sports News)

If he was going to be the replacment for Johnson, it looks like we have lost him .........

"Tottenham hotspur are confident of signing Diego Milito for £8m after the departure of Robbie Keane to Liverpool".

(Sky Sports News)

:o Hmm looks a bit worrying I would prefer Milito than Bent aswell.

:o Hmm looks a bit worrying I would prefer Milito than Bent aswell.

Me too, Milito is prolific, where Bent is no better than AJ. Spurs were laughed at all summer, when they outlayed silly money for him. Milito is a goal machine, and has done it in the best league in the world, on a fairly consistant basis; Bent is a good player, whose confidence is a little shattered, but prolific we are yet to see.

bent scored 4 goals last night for spurs, that prolific enough for you?

:lol: 4 in a pre-season friendly, and that makes him prolific, get over yourself. I dont think Bents a bad player, but he's not been prolific, but hey 4 goals in a pre-season friendly. Forssell scored 10 the other day, better get a £15m bid in.

Edited by Fozastuta

:lol: 4 in a pre-season friendly, and that makes him prolific, get over yourself. I dont think Bents a bad player, but he's not been prolific, but hey 4 goals in a pre-season friendly. Forssell scored 10 the other day, better get a £15m bid in.

just an example tbh of the fact maybee his form an confidence is comeing back if its only pre season why aint everyone scoring 3 or 4 goals every game

SO basicly you would rather have someone who you knew fuck all about till we got linked with a few weeks back then you sat there watching a 5 min youtube video's of his goals an thought YES he will repeat than in the premiership when if you had watched him in the past like i have being fond of la liga and copa america he is a similar player to forlan an freddy K and if i remember rightly they floped like a donkeys dick when they played in the prem compared to someone who had a great scoring record till a season ago playing for bloody charlton

It was only last year people were comparing the signing of him and henry and they were all getting up bents ass saying how gd his PREMIERSHIP goal scoring record is

Edited by MikeO

just an example tbh of the fact maybee his form an confidence is comeing back if its only pre season why aint everyone scoring 3 or 4 goals every game

SO basicly you would rather have someone who you knew fuck all about till we got linked with a few weeks back then you sat there watching a 5 min youtube video's of his goals an thought YES he will repeat than in the premiership when if you had watched him in the past like i have being fond of la liga and copa america he is a similar player to forlan an freddy K and if i remember rightly they floped like a donkeys dick when they played in the prem compared to someone who had a great scoring record till a season ago playing for bloody charlton

It was only last year people were comparing the signing of him and henry and they were all getting up bents ass saying how gd his PREMIERSHIP goal scoring record is

Get you getting all upset. First of all, i'm a big fan of La Liga, and have watched it since i can remember, long before Sky got there grubby hands on it, so your youtube reference is shite basically. Secondly, in both posts i've said Bent is a decent player, with a shattered confidence, who has not been prolific, meaning scoring in a high frequency, which he hasnt. Milito has scored for fun in La Liga, which makes him prolific, and by comparing him to Kanoute or Forlan means he will flop here? On what grounds do you base that on, he's never played here, so that judgement cant be made. Its my opinion, that i believe Milito to be a better player, now i dont think Bent would be a bad signing, i simply rate him in the same mould as AJ who had a great scoring record for bloody Palace, and i've yet to see different, which is all i can go on.

Ridiculous price tag. 29 year old player, wants to leave the club, now in a lower league. All these factors reduce the price of a player. Zaragoza are dilusional if they think they will be paid that amount.

If we were pushing for the top 4, I'd be all for an 8 mil bid.

Our CURRENT team will be stretched to finish 5th let alone push for the top 4. Lets get some midfielders before we consider this move.

From todays echo.

The club record pursuit of Portugal’s Joao Moutinho remains on track, while Diego Milito has given the broadest hint yet that he will be the man who replaces Andrew Johnson in Everton’s attack.

Echo Sport first revealed on July 8 that the Argentine international was on Moyes’ wanted list and now Milito has opened the door on a move to Goodison by indicating he expects to leave Real Zaragoza, who were relegated last season.

Everton have been working hard to bring Milito, who averaged a goal every other game last season and second top scorer in La Liga in 2006/07, and he is aware there is a keen interest in him.

“When (Zaragoza) receive an offer that interests both sides, we will explore the possibility of a move,” said Milito. “It has been agreed that if an offer arrives for the good of both sides, we will study and evaluate the possibility of moving.”