IGNORED

Mark Cavendish

I know a lot of people (with some justification) think it's more to do with who's got the best chemist in their team, but Mark Cavendish's achievement in getting three stage wins in the Tour de France, the latest today, is really quite something. The first Brit ever to do it, probably the best sprinter in the world....gonna be a real A list star in Europe now. Just hope he doesn't knacker himself out for the Olympics!

• 5 months later...

bleh .. the guy who won the green jersey (best sprinter) last year was banned this year from the tour the france because he was caught partying on cocaine (a drug that actually has a negative effect on your cycling qualities but the frenchies still wouldn't allow him in the race) ... it'll be more interesting to see what happens to cavendish against better competition in the next tour de france.

also hope he's gonna focus some more on one day races .. think he's got a very good shot at winning milan-san remo some day.

Good to see that someone's breaking records for us again. I've not really been following the TDF this year but it sounds like its been a good one, especially for us. I just hope that Cavendish can make the Olympic Cycling Team, I used to enjoy watching them at the Beijing games because of how well they raced. I'll remember that race against Denmark for some time. We were tipped to lose against them and came about 4 seconds from lapping them.

You really are from a different planet aren't you dark :P ?

This thread started in July, when the Tour de France happened...before the olympics.

Cavendish was in the team (rode in the madison and came eighth).

And finally, we may have been tipped to lose against Denmark by one or two geriatric delusional Danes but the rest of the world knew we were going to destroy them.