IGNORED

Found This On Sky Sports

Mexican giants America claim to have rejected an Everton bid for goalkeeper Guillermo Ochoa.

The highly-rated 22-year-old is believed to have been approached by The Toffees, as well as Turkish giants Galatasaray.

But America want Ochoa to stay for at least one more season before he moves on to Europe.

"We had a meeting with Ochoa to tell him we refused the offer from Everton and Galatasaray's proposal was just unsatisfactory," club president Michel Bauer told the Mexican press.

"Neither us or the player think that a loan for a player of the quality of Ochoa is something serious.

"We have arranged with Ochoa that beside the fact he has a contract with America until 2010, if an important offer appears next year we will do all we can do to transfer him because good players like him deserve to be transferred to a European team and improve their career.

"But for the moment Ochoa will stay in America until December at least and after that we will see."

Everton are in the market for a new goalkeeper this summer and last week opted against bidding for Sporting Lisbon's Vladimir Stojkovic.

Does anyone have any faith for our reserve lads, Turner and Ruddy. Personally, i dont think either would make the grade if Howard got injured. Turner would probably cope better, but i've seen plenty of Ruddy, and i'm not convinced. Its a shame really, i expected better things from both of them, especially Turner, he had some decent loan spells, and we heard some good things.

its definately a difficult situation with goalkeepers at everton.

i have a feeling somewhere down the track moyes will let either ruddy or and turner go, with no replacement, instead having howard, another decent back up keeper, and whoever out of the two is left, as one of them will eventually get signed by a championship or league 1 or 2 club. personally i still think we need another keeper, just somebody to be there incase howard got injured. but with saying that i think it could be almost time for either turner or ruddy to step up, i guess it will just be a matter of if they get their chance to impress and if they can fulfil their potential

Tell you what, Moyes is a smart cookie! When he signed Jags he knew he wasn't just signing a versatile midfielder/defender, he was also getting an understudy for Howard too!

That's what you call real forward thinking! :lol:

yes! so very true. i personally have never seen him in goals, but from what i hear he was pretty handy for sheffield united a few times. has anybody seen him play in goal? if so how did he go?

Kept a clean sheet against Arsenal when he was called on, Warnock didnt put a goalie on the bench, never saw the need.

Which is why we dont need to panic over a goalkeeper, ruddy or turner on the bench would be good enough cos probably would never be called on anyway.