IGNORED

Random Question - Tattoo

troy8

ive go Nil Satis Nisi Optimum down my right forarm, one of the best things ive ever spent my money on

is it on the inside of ur arm like from ur wrist to ur elbow, coz im getting one on Christmas eve, Nil Satis Nisi Optimum, i cnt w8, and what font is urs in plz im thinkin off gettin it in this edward font thing, :)

a mate of mine has nil satis nisi optimum on his back across his shoulders. looks really good.

show us yours on your arm, i thought about that a bit

my ex got a bit hooked and now has 11, 8 on her back, one on each wrist and one on her foot. madness, (but 8 potential targets on her back)

Edited by StevO

is it on the inside of ur arm like from ur wrist to ur elbow, coz im getting one on Christmas eve, Nil Satis Nisi Optimum, i cnt w8, and what font is urs in plz im thinkin off gettin it in this edward font thing, :)

no my forarm. and i havent a clue what font i picked.

here it is:

085.jpg

it looks really small on that pic, but is alot bigger than what it shows in that pic

Edited by Everton Lad

it looks really small on that pic, but is alot bigger than what it shows in that pic

I bet thats not the first time youve said that when posting pics of yourself on tinternet

I have the Everton badge on my leg, it looks great

But aggree with jimmy that girls shouldnt get them, very bad, specially the ones ive seen on boobs

a bit off-topic, but just got curious as hell.

Why have Latin mottos???

English is not a Latin based language, like portuguese, spanish and italian, so what's up with that??

Because Nil Satis Nisi Optimum is the clubs motto and has always been in latin not quite sure of the origins but means "nothing but the best is good enough" and is shown on the clubs badge.

Hope that helps ;)

Because Nil Satis Nisi Optimum is the clubs motto and has always been in latin not quite sure of the origins but means "nothing but the best is good enough" and is shown on the clubs badge.

Hope that helps ;)

no, i totally got that, i assumed it was the club's motto, my question is a bit broader. Why use Latin, when there's no relation to the language? just curious.

no, i totally got that, i assumed it was the club's motto, my question is a bit broader. Why use Latin, when there's no relation to the language? just curious.

i quite honestly dont know. i just think its got something to do with it always being used as a language for mottos for many years, just a tradition i guess.

The influence of Rome as a country made Latin the common language of South and Western Europe. In these areas Romance languages (Italian, French, Spanish, Romanian and Portuguese) were later derived from Latin.

To understand the English language thoroughly it is necessary to have a knowledge of Latin. This is caused by the fact that Anglo-Saxon language (Old English), had borrowed many words from Latin, either directly or through French. This Germanic language group, spoken in Britain, south of the Forth (except Wales and Cornwall), has been making these borrowings both before and after the Norman Conquest (AD 1066). As a result, modern English and Latin are quite closely connected.

also Latin was the main language that people learned in england from the 16th to the 19th century

yes i am a geek but hope it kinda answers your question!

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

*BUMP*

I'm thinking of getting a tatoo when I 'become of age' :P. I'm getting one on my chest. Like two guns with wings on top. It looks really awesome and I'm getting one similar. I've thought about it for a few years now and have decided 100% I want it.

A while a go I wanted a star on my wrist/arm/hand but I kinda' went against it just in-case it turned out wrong I couldent hide it. I'm going to stick to chest and back. Might get something awesome on my back - maybe just the word 'Awesome'

I'd like to have the club motto etched either down my calf or across my back as Stevo's said his mate has. Just remember though dont get anythin that you'll regret later in life i got a british bulldog's face on my bicep when i was 15 :rolleyes: i look a right twit when its on show looks like something from a tom and jerry cartoon :lol: will be getting it covered with a Mowry pattern soon.

I'd like to have the club motto etched either down my calf or across my back as Stevo's said his mate has. Just remember though dont get anythin that you'll regret later in life i got a british bulldog's face on my bicep when i was 15 :rolleyes: i look a right twit when its on show looks like something from a tom and jerry cartoon :lol: will be getting it covered with a Mowry pattern soon.

When you was 15? I dont really like any of those bulldog things, I would prefer something that I like myself - unique. What kinda' Mauri tattoo you gonna get then Paul?

When you was 15? I dont really like any of those bulldog things, I would prefer something that I like myself - unique. What kinda' Mauri tattoo you gonna get then Paul?

Yeah 15 mate i went to Blackpool one day which is littered with backstreet tattoo shops so they did'nt seem to arsed about my age just said i was eighteen in a slightly husky voice as you do :lol: went to school the following monday thinking i was the man :rolleyes: .

I would like something similar to this or along those lines http://tattoo.about.com/library/graphics/082903m.jpg might design my own as it will need to cover the other tattoo though, when i asked my local tattoist he said it would cost around £150 so might get it done within the next month.

Edited by EFC-Paul

Yeah 15 mate i went to Blackpool one day which is littered with backstreet tattoo shops so they did'nt seem to arsed about my age just said i was eighteen in a slightly husky voice as you do :lol: went to school the following monday thinking i was the man :rolleyes: .

I would like something similar to this or along those lines http://tattoo.about.com/library/graphics/082903m.jpg might design my own as it will need to cover the other tattoo though, when i asked my local tattoist he said it would cost around £150 so might get it done within the next month.

That looks quite cool mate. Will it come down your arm so it would be visable if you wore a short-sleeved shirt? And yeah I know what you mean :D

I'd say a similer size to the one in the picture mate if i wanted it extending i could always add to it i suppose, starting a new job soon so im gonna be as discrete as poss for now i think :P

:P

Yeah wait about a month before you get that 'Nil Satis' one put across your forehead. :rolleyes: