IGNORED

Citeh In For Ronaldo?

It will be hard for players such as Johnson, Ireland, Evans... good up and coming players who probaly had a bright future at the club, there talent will probaly now be stifeled though as they get pushed to the outskirts of the squad to make way for the new galatico's.

I was thinking about this situation before, as much as i would like more investment in the club, i don't think it will mean as much to get to the champions league as when we did it with players such as Marcus Bent and alot of grit and determenation.

Nobody earns success anymore, they just buy it. We where one of the few teams to do things the right way, even Liverpool that same year in champions league earned the success rather than buying it. The game is changing, its very very sad. Keep up or loose out though.

this guy thinks that just with money he can make city the biggest club in the world?? he clearly has no idea...

for how long was abrahmovic in chelsea before he won anything? and chelsea might be big, but they're nowhere near the biggest club.

its a good point. City obviously want to earn success, but they will never get any respect, any success they obtain will always be tainted from now on. They can't become the biggest club in the world simply becasue they don't have the history or respect.

i can only imagine how excited them fans must be right now.

ok, i wouldnt want to see our club lose its identity or get aa turban on st ruperts tower, but would you not be excited if we had landed robinho, and the likes of david villa were now within our grasp?

maybe when they sign kaka and messi we could get michael johnson :lol:

just read the article, would no one like to see city sign ronaldo cesc and torres?

id actually buy a city shirt if they signed torres, and id wear it everyday!

Edited by StevO

well, if the rumours down here are true, the ONLY reason ronaldo came back was cuz fergie promissed him he'd let him go next year for the €87M or what was it that Real offered. Seems fergie even offered a renewal to him and he declined, so i don't think fergie really has any bargaining position atm regarding ronaldo.

Anyways, as for signing big names, and winning titles, and beeing big, hell, there's loads of teams that won european titles and are NOT, in my view, big. Not in the sense he clearly means. I see only a handfull of REALLY big clubs, MU, Real, Barça, Milan, Bayern and Benfica. Big in the sense of supporters, the history that they have, and the potential. There's loads of money moving around on other sides, premier league, serie A and spain, but big BIG, that's not something money can buy.

Chelsea beeing the clearest example of that. It took mourinho to go there for them to actually start winning trophies, and it we'll see how scolari can do, i frankly think there's potential, and Deco is gonna totally rock the EPL, god, anyone would envy that midfield...

IF ronaldo produces what we know he can produce, it's gonna be an interesting fight at the top, otherwise, i think chelsea can take it back. citeh, as u guys call it, need to do a VERY effective january transfer season, but i fear they'll be out of contention by then.