IGNORED

Should Moyes Join The Board?

Louis

Luiz Felipe Scolari has been appointed to Chelsea's football board in a move that puts him in a stronger position after three months at the club than Jose Mourinho ever was.

The Brazilian replaces Avram Grant, whose position on the board was terminated three days after he guided Chelsea to their first-ever Champions League final in May. Scolari joins those on the plc board - Chelsea's chief executive, Peter Kenyon, the chairman, Bruce Buck, and Roman Abramovich's lieutenant, Eugene Tenenbaum - in the football boardroom.

The move means he will not see a director of football shoehorned in above him, the development that effectively caused a terminal breakdown in Mourinho's relationship with his employers. But it also reflects Scolari's greater influence in transfer matters than the Portuguese enjoyed. It is unlikely that the 59-year-old will have to accept signings such as that of the £30m striker Andriy Shevchenko. Mourinho never was co-opted as a director.

Buck said at the Leaders in Football conference this week: "We believe you need to encourage the manager to look long term. You have to have proper lines of communication between the manager and the scouts. We don't support the model where a director of football just buys up players and dumps on the manager."

Should Moyes be on the Everton board?

Could a manager ever be successful as a boardmember and as a football manager at the same time?

My view is the manager should concentrate solely on the team, and have the final say on all team and transfer issues anyway,being on the board might sound good, but whether it would help i do not think so. I cannot see Roman taking much notice of anyone on the board anyway at Chelsea. I think Moyes has enough on his plate being manager,instead of attending board meetings, i would rather he was working on tactics for the next game

Should Moyes be on the Everton board?

Could a manager ever be successful as a boardmember and as a football manager at the same time?

It would have it's positives in the helping the manager to understand what is going on at the club he is trying to manage. Issues of transfer funds etc would be a lot clearer, youth team policies etc.

Can't decide on this one, maybe this is where the "Director of Football" is fabricated from at other clubs?

NOOOOOOOOOOOOO

There are too many clashes between thew interests of he board and the football team.

He should also not be allowed to feel too comfortable in his tenure.

Like he isn't secure already? There would be all-out war if he left, the fans adore him AND the team adores him, a rare combination.

Like he isn't secure already? There would be all-out war if he left, the fans adore him AND the team adores him, a rare combination.

What about after 3 years of mid/lower table seasons lik this? Will the fans love him then? HELL NO.

WILL WE BE ABLE TO GET RID...NO.

FFS why are people so intent on selling the club up the river. Are we so insecure that we need to beg people to stay. It's fucking embarrassing.