IGNORED

Nugent

@Pete - I'm with you. I've said in this thread and around the board many times how much I would hate to see us blow the transfer funds on him. He was a class player for Preston in the lower leagues but he has shown that the Premiership is too much of a step-up for him. He just needs to go back to the Championship and prove himself again. He's going to be more than rusty now anyway having so little game time at Portsmouth.

@Jamie - Plus he will be hard to acquire. Defoe has gone so he will more than likely stay. If we are going to get him it's going to be summer, but I hope we dont.

@ the moment there is not much out there unless we pay 15 to 20 million which we don't have. he could be a good signing he is english he has played in in the prem not much but has played. if you buy a player from abroad it will take 6 to 8 weeks to get up to standard we need someone to come in and fit in straight away.

It may well take a foreign player 6 to 8 weeks to get upto standard in the Premiership but Nugent will probably never get up to standard.

He has a bad attitude and its no wonder he has flopped spectacularly at Pompey because he is always out drinking until the early hours. Thats not a rumour because I have seen him myself on many occasions

• 2 weeks later...
I would rather see Leroy Lita at Everton than David Nugent. David hasn't set the Premiership alight since joining Portsmouth and all that talent he used when playing for Preston North End has probably worn away. Portsmouth have broken his chances of a top club for the minute. If he comes to us he will need to earn his place quickly, we dont want him to be finding his form after ten games or so when Saha's fully fit. If we did sign him I think it would only be until the end of the season, I wouldent want him here as baggage like he is for Portsmouth.

I really dont see him making much differance to the team. He seemed a nice guy when he was at Preston, but as for footballing skills. He's just not good enough - Leroy Lita would be a lot better.

Spot on dark, Harry the car dealer was instantly sorry he bought Nugent, tried to off load him in a matter of days...............does he have BO, is he gay, there has to be a reason why he sunk like a stone at Pompey although he was an new international at the time he signed. I see Lita as a similar purchase to Marcus Bent except that he'd score more goals, once some of the youngsters are ready sell Lita at a profit

• 3 weeks later...

" Goals " and " Nugent " dont go to well either, thats why I dont want him. Vaughan is injured most of the time but I bet we would get more money for Vaughan than the 3.5 million or whatever that Nugent went to pompey for, younger, quicker, better finisher... I no who I would rather have.

Edited by Blue4Ever

" Goals " and " Nugent " dont go to well either, thats why I dont want him. Vaughan is injured most of the time but I bet we would get more money for Vaughan than the 3.5 million or whatever that Nugent went to pompey for, younger, quicker, better finisher... I no who I would rather have.

After both Sunderland and Portsmouth had bids in the region of £6 million accepted for the player, Nugent was eventually unveiled as a Pompey player at a press conference alongside John Utaka on July 11th 2007.[2] However, rumours followed just weeks later that Derby County were considering a bid for Nugent and that he would be leaving Portsmouth in the same transfer window he arrived in.