IGNORED

What Are We Expecting From January?

toffee77

As for Arsenal, they are clearly there for the taking at the moment. It all depends on if they buy big prior to us playing them. Not necesarily for the particular player but for the boost it would give to the other players. I think we can get something from the game and feel it would be a big disapointment if we lost to them. I'm not sure what team that says more about but i do feel that we are getting closer to them, just a shame we can't match there financial clout.

Feel the same about Arsenal mate. They are there for the taking and we should make sure that we get at least a draw from it. Since losing Fabregas they haven't been a force at all in the Premiership and its dubious whether they will be a 'Top 4' team in the coming seasons. We have beaten them at Goodision before and we can do it again. Not being really stupid either, we actually can beat them. They haven't got the defending like Neville, Jagielka or Lescott and we havent really got a strike-force. So the game will even itself out. I think 2-0. Win.

I wonder who Arteta will be playing for? :mellow:

Guest efctaxi

Everyone is optimistic at getting points from the gunners , but traditionally , they stuff us , and stuff us hard more often than not .

We have a better chance against the mancs imo , and though I currently think Liverpool will be too strong , the fact we play them twice changes everything . If they put a full squad out against us on both occasions , it will be very un-Raffa like .

Everton are clearly on form at the moment, and the next game against hull is gonna be the key for a positive entrance into the new year.

Facing 3 of the big 4 in one month is no easy task, but if we go by current forms, everton are clearly a force to be reckoned with.

I'd honestly prefer one of thoes games to be against chelsea, than for example united or liverpool, as chelsea are rocky right now. I see everton with very good chances against arsenal, a potential win there, to me, is more likely than against the other 2, basically because of how both sides are playing at the moment. the Quantity of midfielders is gonna limit the creativity of arsenal, making it a very tough game for them. Liverpool and united, on the other hand, have players capable of deciding games, and that makes them much more dangerous.

My bet is on 6+ points, wins vs hull and arsenal, potential draws with the others. I'd love a win against liverpool, since I firmly believe they're gonna start to loose ground this january, and Everton starting or helping on that downfall is a pretty tough nail in their championship hopes coffin :D United, it's tough. I'd love to say a win is a potential outcome, but i doubt it more then I do with the others, simply because of what we've seen lately, with so many supposed 2nd team players deciding games, like tevez and berbatov. And there's still "he who'll not be named" and ronaldo... very though game.

So, 1st game out of the way, and now, 2 derbies. After seeing this week's games, i think this is the best time to face Liverpool, i just hope Fellaini isn't a significant loss. Afterwards, Arsenal, and i keep seeing this more and more as a win. God, facing Chelsea now would be awesome!! They're clearly out of form, ideas... They didn't put up a fight, practically. Which means United at OT are gonna be though. I just hope they're tired by then, or don't need the points so much, or Everton don't need the points so much... ;)

We've got that winning start which was essential. We can now look to the games with hope that a draw is enough to keep us afloat with the Champions League places. I woulden't worry to much about Aston Villa or Wigan. We all have to play the same number of games and the same teams, so we shouldent worry about anything. I see us getting nothing from Liverpool & Manchester United. But I expect at least a draw against Arsenal. I haven't rated them at all this season. I really believe that we can get a win from this game and earn our place in the 'Top 4'

Everyone is optimistic at getting points from the gunners , but traditionally , they stuff us , and stuff us hard more often than not .

We beat them a few years back at Goodison when AJ scored in the last minute. If they stuff us traditionally, is it not time to break the chain?

So another game gone, and 4 points out of a potential 6, and, also that bonus of, thanks to Everton, liverfool have lost the lead ;)

ARSEnal appear to be improving in form, with 3 draws and 3 wins on their last 6 matches, and their away for is on the rise too, with 2 draws and 1 win...

Even with Fellaini back, seems like a tough nut.

any thoughts?

So another game gone, and 4 points out of a potential 6, and, also that bonus of, thanks to Everton, liverfool have lost the lead ;)

ARSEnal appear to be improving in form, with 3 draws and 3 wins on their last 6 matches, and their away for is on the rise too, with 2 draws and 1 win...

Even with Fellaini back, seems like a tough nut.

any thoughts?

I think we can definitely beat Arsenal. Their strength is in their front 2 and with Jags and Lescott in great form they can keep them quiet. We do need to be careful about giving away silly free kicks in dangerous areas though as van persie is very good at set pieces.

With Neville, Arteta and Fellaini in the centre we can dominate the midfield and i can definitely see us being more than dangerous from set-pieces with them being unable to cope with the likes of lescott, Cahill and Fellaini in the air.

I can see us struggling big time against Utd though who aren't conceding anything at the back and their tails are up after going back to the top. They also won't sit back like liverpool did after going 1-0 up.

What's everyone's thoughts now that were a little more into January? I was pleased with the Hull win, that was I game that I felt we needed to win. If we would have lost that we could be saying goodbye to security. It's good that we managed to get a point from Liverpool - I was expecting another derby defeat. This can only make us stronger and look to take points from Manchester United & Arsenal.

I'm not too worried about the Manchester United game, if they beat us it puts more pressure on the shite, so its a win-win I guess from our end.

I expect a win against Arsenal too, if we put our mind to it we can beat them. IMO they're lucky to still be considered a 'force for the title' these days.