IGNORED

Man City ... Stop It Before You Kill World Football

Guest efctaxi

I have some great misgivings over this Kaka pull out, Citeh will now panic buy even more. What if they come in with huge offers for Mikel, Joleon and one or two others, we are in no position to say no. I would rat5her have someone with experience of the Prem in my side than import someone who is wet behind the ears. Citeh are stuck in that log jam at the bottom so they will spend. Can you imagine us saying no to a £30/40 million bid for Mikel and they can do it without drawing breath, shit they've paid a mint for the trouble making Belamy...............................

I can also imagine that if Sparky gets the boot Benitez will replace him

I have some great misgivings over this Kaka pull out, Citeh will now panic buy even more. What if they come in with huge offers for Mikel, Joleon and one or two others, we are in no position to say no. I would rat5her have someone with experience of the Prem in my side than import someone who is wet behind the ears. Citeh are stuck in that log jam at the bottom so they will spend. Can you imagine us saying no to a £30/40 million bid for Mikel and they can do it without drawing breath, shit they've paid a mint for the trouble making Belamy...............................

I can also imagine that if Sparky gets the boot Benitez will replace him

Very good points. In my view, it all comes down to two things:

A- you have alternatives lined up and ready to be brought in as soon as the check clears;

B- if it's too close to the transfer window closing date, screw them. It would only deplete the squad, and force Everton into trying to wrestle someone away from another club that might not have a replacement ready. Just to name Moutinho as an example, I don't think we have someone prepared to come on board to replace him, and with us still fighting on 3 fronts, League cup, Champions League and National League, loosing a key player at this stage is devastating.

And as you so eloquently pointed out, the advantage they get by getting someone already routined in the Premier League is a big plus at this point in time, and Everton would more than likely have to go outside for replacements, meaning adjustment time when you need top performance NOW, not in 2/3 months.

So at this point, any sale would very likely compromise the rest of the season, I, for one, don't think you can put a price tag on that...

City's executive chairman, Garry Cook, went on Radio 5 Live to defend the club's pursuit of Kaka but merely fuelled the derision.

He explained that City had tried to lure the Brazilian star to Eastlands by outlining their "humanitarian approach" and emphasising "environmental issues". Sadly "those issues were taking a back seat and the financial demands were coming to the fore" as negotiations progressed, he lamented.

:huh: What?

The deal fell through because of "Financial demands" did it?

So we're expected to believe City sold themselves to Kaka as good guys who power their floodlights with electricity gathered from solar panels....but he said he wanted some money so it all fell apart?

City truly are a laughing stock, don't care how much money they have, you can't buy class and integrity.

Guest Cahill17_Moe

I would like to see City go on a world class player spending spree. :D

It would only give the youngsters an opportunity to play with the best on a weekly basis and not have to wait until UEFA and international match ups.

Edited by Cahill17_Moe

Chris Charles' BBC blog...

Kaka insisted he spent less than 30 seconds pondering the decision - presumably the time it took him to realise he was never going to fit 'I belong to Sheikh Mansour bin Zayed Al Nahyan' on his new vest.

David Beckham had earlier given some sound advice to his new Milan team-mate. The former England captain declared: "It's not always about money. It's about playing for the best team, playing with the best players in the world and winning trophies and being successful."

That'd be the same David Beckham who left La Liga winners Real Madrid and snubbed a host of top European clubs to sign a five-year, £128m deal with that well-known footballing giant LA Galaxy, then.

:lol::lol:

Quality.

Stoke go down to ten men before half time and still beat City, through a James Beattie goal (good for him!). And the best bit is it was so predictable, went for a home win in the Anusol....thought I may be in trouble when Delap went off but they still lost!

Bring on the superstars :lol::lol: .