IGNORED

Pennant On A Free?

Everton are waiting to take Jermaine Pennant from arch-rivals Liverpool on a free transfer in the summer. (Daily Mirror)

Is this to replace VDM as team problem child and all around alecan?

This guy turned down Real Madrid by all accounts so clearly has no ambition and prefers to spend his time getting splinters in his ar5e for the Red lot. Can't say I'd be impressed going off initial thoughts on his team work ethic :angry:

Plus, if it's for free he'll want mega wages wihich will upset other, established squad players

Edited by blueblood

Guest efctaxi

I was thinking about this possibility some weeks ago , so I'm surprised it has come to light .

Everton have a wage cap , and it won't be getting extended for the likes of Pennant I wouldn't imagine .

As for the player , I think he might be a useful asset , giving us an attacking option down the right .

I've made a decision to try and be positive about any signings we get , so I'll be hoping the good outweighs the bad in this case .

I have my doubts whether the Real Madrid story was even true but if it was then there could be many reasons he didn't want to leave - ie sitting on the bench, relocating his family etc. Personally, I've been thinking about this one for a while and think it would be a good deal even if we bought him now for £2m. He destroyed us a few seasons back when he played for Birmingham, he has pace, he can cross the ball and is a talented player, far more of an out and out winger than anyone we have on our books and most Liverpool fans I know can't understand why Benitez just suddenly froze him out (like he did with Crouch) and rate him much better than the likes of Benayoun. I'd take him in a blink of an eye for £2m, on a free it would be an absolute steal.

I have my doubts whether the Real Madrid story was even true but if it was then there could be many reasons he didn't want to leave - ie sitting on the bench, relocating his family etc. Personally, I've been thinking about this one for a while and think it would be a good deal even if we bought him now for £2m. He destroyed us a few seasons back when he played for Birmingham, he has pace, he can cross the ball and is a talented player, far more of an out and out winger than anyone we have on our books and most Liverpool fans I know can't understand why Benitez just suddenly froze him out (like he did with Crouch) and rate him much better than the likes of Benayoun. I'd take him in a blink of an eye for £2m, on a free it would be an absolute steal.

The problem isn't the transfer fee, it's the wages.

personally i would take him, when he is fit and what not he can be a little bugger on the wing.

also if he isnt demanding to big wages i dont see why not and aslong he stays out of trouble

i would accept him.

He is cocky, arrogant and does not fit into the Everton team ethic. Unless he can become more of a team player, is willing to play where and whenever WE need him and accept a substantial wage loss. I wouldnt want him near GP.

Heard Barmby wants to return...Lol :P